new toy

Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

new toy - 02/08/09 06:10 PM

Finally found a pop up yesterday. It's a 95 Coleman. It has a King/double three burner stove. New awning no tears, no water damage, no corrosion goes up an down like a dream.

Re: new toy - 02/08/09 06:11 PM

Posted by: 4drgt

Re: new toy - 02/08/09 06:14 PM

does that have the flip up sink? also make sure your stabalizer jacks are still strongly attached, and if you need any info on wiring up a AC unit on top, yes an AC let me know it helps keep things a small amout nicer when camping for the fiberglass top i would highly recomend cleaning off all the old silicone cleaning up with 409 and then get some good clear or white silicone and make sure everything is sealed up real good and do it around every light, outlit, water tank (if it has a small one) ect ect to keep any water from getting in and helps keep the floors solid but way to go on picking a nice popup

Re: new toy - 02/08/09 06:17 PM

whoops you posted more pics as i was typing lol

Re: new toy - 02/08/09 06:23 PM

Yep I plan on recaulking all the seams. They are showing there age. I do plan on installing A/C Esp if I'll be living in FL or TX. By the way I only paid $2500 for it.
Posted by: Richard Candelario

Re: new toy - 02/08/09 06:27 PM

How much them things usually retail for new? Looks like a sweet buy to me. Congrats! Happy camping, Bob!

Re: new toy - 02/08/09 06:27 PM

thats not bad, you mount the ac on top center, use some cable and run it across the cealing and down one ofthe arms then you can tuck it into the pop up rod, then wire directly into the converter how are the floors any soft spots in the storage ?

Re: new toy - 02/08/09 06:41 PM

No soft spots it's all nice and solid.

New this one would be roughly 6 grand.
Posted by: Richard Candelario

Re: new toy - 02/08/09 07:07 PM

so, aside from 14 years of wear on the seams, no issues, huh? it is a sweet buy, indeed. NICE FIND!!!

And it only depreciated $3500 over 14 years? those things hold value REALLY well, dont they?

Re: new toy - 02/08/09 07:12 PM

ahh rick if the seams were 14yrs old he would have water problems, they should be checked yearly and toutched up checked for cracks seperation, esp if they sit outside
Posted by: 2fast4u

Re: new toy - 02/08/09 10:01 PM

haha that looks good buddy!, your gonna have fun with that smile
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: new toy - 02/08/09 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Richard Candelario:

And it only depreciated $3500 over 14 years? those things hold value REALLY well, dont they?
Better than our cars.
Posted by: StreetShaker

Re: new toy - 02/08/09 11:14 PM

Nice! And HercMan still avoids the eagle eye of the camera.....!
Posted by: palsut

Re: new toy - 02/08/09 11:38 PM

I never seen it inside. Look not bad. Mostly, I have seen any car with closed trailer look like your.

Oh you got a GREAT deal for free blue used/new tooth brush on the table lol

I wonder how heck to fold that metal door? Do you have to remove them for closed it down?

Re: new toy - 02/08/09 11:40 PM

the door splits in 2 then it folds upwards and attaches to the roof, the bottom part stays lol, i work at an RV dealer lol
Posted by: palsut

Re: new toy - 02/09/09 12:07 AM

Ah no wonder. I can see that little bit "fold" from his pictures.
Posted by: lonezergling

Re: new toy - 02/09/09 12:13 AM

I watched that episode of How It's Made where they build pop-ups like this.

Slick looking camper and a rock solid price to boot. Have fun!
Posted by: StreetShaker

Re: new toy - 02/09/09 12:14 AM

Twas a good episode Zerg. I freaking love that show!
Posted by: UMfan

Re: new toy - 02/09/09 12:16 AM

Cool find Herc. My parents got one of those when I was about your son's age. Ours had fiberglass panels though that would fit into place to make it a "hard shell". We used it for several years and I have lots of fond memories camping in it with the family.
Posted by: 20gtp02

Re: new toy - 02/09/09 01:10 PM

When's the modding beginning, after recaulk??
lol

Re: new toy - 02/09/09 01:23 PM

lol lol

Already looking at A/Cs, internal battery, radio, new curtains some type of carpet for the inside (removable so you can shake it out)some chili pepper lights...