what's the flash point of cheese? (56k aneurysm)

Posted by: Richard Candelario

what's the flash point of cheese? (56k aneurysm) - 03/28/09 03:26 PM

Well, according to my wife, somewhere before 10 minutes at High Broil. Enjoy her failed quesdilla.

Look close enough at the top, you can see what's left of portabello mushrooms. I cracked the top of the bubble just to see what the inside looked like

Posted by: jorgs_7

Re: what's the flash point of cheese? (56k aneurysm) - 03/28/09 03:29 PM

LOL/nasty haha

thats funny
Posted by: r.s.hutchinson

Re: what's the flash point of cheese? (56k aneurysm) - 03/28/09 03:34 PM

haha, that's funny, I hope you didn't let that go to waste. :p

Re: what's the flash point of cheese? (56k aneurysm) - 03/28/09 03:35 PM

hmm, yummy! Quesadilla, Cajun-style!
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: what's the flash point of cheese? (56k aneurysm) - 03/28/09 03:38 PM

lol. Blackened quesadilla.

Re: what's the flash point of cheese? (56k aneurysm) - 03/28/09 03:39 PM

just showed this thread to my wife:

"You people DO know that you all need some serious help? You do KNOW that, right?"

ROFLMMFAOOL!!! This is GREAT!!!

i dont think im gonna let my wife do the cookin tonight.
Posted by: Blackarrow98GP

Re: what's the flash point of cheese? (56k aneurysm) - 03/28/09 03:39 PM

Looks like a mini volcano.... devilsmile

Re: what's the flash point of cheese? (56k aneurysm) - 03/28/09 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Richard Candelario:
just showed this thread to my wife:

"You people DO know that you all need some serious help? You do KNOW that, right?"
Tell her that it sounds like she needs help in the kitchen! :p

Re: what's the flash point of cheese? (56k aneurysm) - 03/28/09 04:30 PM

funny thing is: this is the first thing she's burned.

"Everyone has their bad days, after all. That and I do have the meanest husband, who posted this on the INTERNET. Just for laughs."

I dunno, guys. Looks like I just might be in trouble for this one...LOL.

Re: what's the flash point of cheese? (56k aneurysm) - 03/28/09 04:33 PM

I have no room to talk. I struggle to cook the simplest of things, but I guess that is something that is pretty common here at school. I don't know a whole lot of kids my age that are good chefs.

I can rebuild our stupid motors, but can't get past boxed macaroni and cheese. lol

I'm sure she's a good cook.

Re: what's the flash point of cheese? (56k aneurysm) - 03/28/09 04:41 PM

Indeed she is. It's because she's such an awesome cook that I decided to post this. That and her frustration level after she saw the flames coming off the quesadilla in the oven.

After the cookie sheet cooled off enough for me to actually touch it again, I peeled the foil, tossed all that in the trash, lined the sheet with more foil, tossed down another tortilla, pepperoni, baby portabella, black olives, medium cheddar, and mozzerella at 350*F for 12 minutes. She thanked me for that quesadilla.
Posted by: r.s.hutchinson

Re: what's the flash point of cheese? (56k aneurysm) - 03/28/09 05:11 PM

Well that is awfully nice. Gotta keep the wife happy, men would be lost without em'.

Though my sister did somehow end up catching tomato soup on fire before. I didn't know that was even possible.
Posted by: jeremy

Re: what's the flash point of cheese? (56k aneurysm) - 03/28/09 05:36 PM

back right after i got out of high school i was over at a friends house at a party and we decided to make homemade smoke bombs well needless to say the guy making them decided to turn the heat up to high and walk away after some random chick well he came back and tried stirring the mixture when boom pink flames to the ceiling and enough smoke to cover a football field trapped in a 3 bed room house. well my friend went and grabbed the fire extinguisher which was empty (because he used it a few years before to spray his little brother while chasing him down the street.) his mom got home the next morning and asked what happened and he told her he was cooking bacon and his dog came up behind him and caused him to trip and spill bacon grease on the stove.

Re: what's the flash point of cheese? (56k aneurysm) - 03/28/09 05:55 PM

dude, that is HILARIOUS!!! I would be that guy that floods your house with smoke. That is my luck.
Posted by: 4drgt

Re: what's the flash point of cheese? (56k aneurysm) - 03/28/09 06:53 PM

dude that is nasty as heck, it reminds me of a human pile of burning flesh or something, you do know they make makers for those things you just put everything in and close the lid ... no piles of that
Posted by: Dre da GP man

Re: what's the flash point of cheese? (56k aneurysm) - 03/28/09 06:59 PM

MMMM, pancakes with everything on it, thats my style right there Rick.
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: what's the flash point of cheese? (56k aneurysm) - 03/28/09 09:48 PM

Years ago my wife was boiling water for something started doing something else. Next thing we know the smoke alarm is blaring and the bottom of the cheap aluminum pot had melted away. Aluminum all over the burner and stove.

Re: what's the flash point of cheese? (56k aneurysm) - 03/28/09 11:06 PM

yeah, I know they have makers out there for that, but that's laziness. Laziness tends to not taste as good.

loaded pancakes...love it. She laughed at that, as well.

Dude, Herc, your wife slagged a cookin pot? That's funny. I wonder: have you let her live that one down yet? I wouldnt have. lol.
Posted by: ThunderBat

Re: what's the flash point of cheese? (56k aneurysm) - 03/29/09 07:06 AM

You sir have placed yourself in an ominous position...by revealing your brides mishap in the kitchen (btw that close up shot looks like something off the medical shows on Discovery channel)...I'm quite sure she will now be on the prowl for your next screw up.

I will be trolling youtube to watch for vids of spilling paint,accidentally shooting ones own car/tires, any small electrical fire or the eventual set of bleached spotted or shrunk fatigues lol

(this could get entertaining) shocked

but she shouldnt feel quite so bad...I'm sure if the internet had been available back when I almost set the kitchen on fire by over toasting a package of Pop-Tarts, my ex-wife would have posted that sucker up in a heartbeat.

(who'da thunk a pop-tart could turn a toaster into a portable blow torch?...underside of the cabinets...kitchen curtains...it was ugly and fast...big reason I now have a toaster-oven instead of the slotted variety)

Re: what's the flash point of cheese? (56k aneurysm) - 03/29/09 12:54 PM

LMAO!!! That would bite, but I woulda posted that up REAL quick, too.

Dude, she would SO post up if I had messed up my ACUs or Class As or Dress Blues. Matter of fact, so would I. I wash all my Army gear in cold water and Woolite, so if I shrink or bleach them, it would be a drastic, if not catastrophic. Matter of fact, the pants and jackets of my Class As and Dress Blues are dry clean only.

Given all that, it's only a matter of time before she does have something to come on here and post.
Posted by: Acefighter

Re: what's the flash point of cheese? (56k aneurysm) - 03/29/09 03:58 PM

Wow, Rick, those pics are HUGE. lol
Posted by: BoostenGTP

Re: what's the flash point of cheese? (56k aneurysm) - 03/29/09 03:59 PM

i was about to say the same thing, so did you ever get laid that night since posting this?! lol

Re: what's the flash point of cheese? (56k aneurysm) - 03/29/09 06:40 PM

I dont think I'll be getting laid for the next month over this...
Posted by: palsut

Re: what's the flash point of cheese? (56k aneurysm) - 03/29/09 06:55 PM

lol everyone make a mistake. Last week, I was very tired from work. I cook the taco shell for my dinner. I'm not fan of fast food so I'm big home dinner guy. I was thinking wrong temp. Tombstone pizza is 400 temp. Taco shell supposed be 325 temp. After 6 minutes over, I'm ready to take shell out of oven. I saw brown/black taco shell. I just like what the? I looked at temp that say 400. I just like duh me why did I think pizza instead taco? lol

I ate ground beef, lettuce, sharp chedder and salsa without shell. Oh well accident happen. lol

Oh you forgot remove blue sticker out of stove company logo. wink

Re: what's the flash point of cheese? (56k aneurysm) - 03/29/09 07:12 PM

eh, not my house, I'm renting.

taco salad without the bowl? Sounds good.
Posted by: palsut

Re: what's the flash point of cheese? (56k aneurysm) - 03/29/09 07:29 PM

Ahhh I see. Yes, I use taco salad because of my burn shell lol.

Re: what's the flash point of cheese? (56k aneurysm) - 03/29/09 10:31 PM

If my wife did that, not sure I'd make such a big deal out of it, yours wasnt throwing backdraft-style flames out the oven. My wife's was. That and this is just one more way to play a practical joke on her.

Darlin, I love you.

If any of you ever get a chance, get her to make her holiday-season beef roast, any one of her breads, her spaghetti, her sweet tea, or her breakfast burritos. She is also pretty good at cookies, cakes, and pies.
Posted by: ThunderBat

Re: what's the flash point of cheese? (56k aneurysm) - 03/29/09 11:27 PM

My wife said to inform you that various different cheeses possess different thermodynamic qualities...with Muenster being the most volatile. She said her grandfather used to love Muenster cheese melted on toast and routinely filled the lower floor of the house with smoke from the flaming cheese left in the toaster oven too long. She speaks from hard experience. I can tell that his is a sensitive area because if I make cheese toast and the melting cheese drips off into the catch pan, I quickly get the grandfather story between the eyes...as well as an invitation to scour the catch pan.
Posted by: 00grandprixgt

Re: what's the flash point of cheese? (56k aneurysm) - 03/30/09 10:01 AM

i would eat that... pshhhh lol
Posted by: zuulmusic

Re: what's the flash point of cheese? (56k aneurysm) - 03/30/09 12:04 PM

thats just what i needed to look at to put off lunch, haha

Re: what's the flash point of cheese? (56k aneurysm) - 03/30/09 02:42 PM

mmmmm... Muenster cheese... You guys are really starting to suck. Herc made me go get doritos yesterday, and T-bat is going to make me go and get a Publix sub with some muenster on it.
Posted by: Zalfrin

Re: what's the flash point of cheese? (56k aneurysm) - 03/30/09 03:56 PM

wow, now THAT is an epic fail!

Re: what's the flash point of cheese? (56k aneurysm) - 03/30/09 05:20 PM

provolone...havarti...american...cheddar...mmmmm.
Posted by: Acefighter

Re: what's the flash point of cheese? (56k aneurysm) - 03/30/09 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Zalfrin:
wow, now THAT is an epic fail!
I've got to quote that, just to hope Rick's wife sees it. I'm hoping it gets him in more trouble. :p
Posted by: GTPCompG

Re: what's the flash point of cheese? (56k aneurysm) - 03/30/09 06:24 PM

Om nom nom I can taste the burnt cheese now.

Re: what's the flash point of cheese? (56k aneurysm) - 03/30/09 07:21 PM

LOL@Ace! not much more can happen because of this thread...she's already bored with it. Darn it.
Posted by: 20gtp02

Re: what's the flash point of cheese? (56k aneurysm) - 03/30/09 11:25 PM

She'll never hear the end of this one Rick!