My garage mod! Heating and Cooling

Posted by: 20gtp02

My garage mod! Heating and Cooling - 01/21/09 01:42 PM

So pops works in garage alot and with two fans, it still isn't cool enough sometimes in the summer.
Well I was working on one of my projects in the garage this morning, and it was chilly.
So the heat was on in the house, and I opened up the passage to let heat in the garage, and using fan to circulate it. Works good for A/C too.

Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: My garage mod! Heating and Cooling - 01/21/09 02:21 PM

Pretty cool.

My garage doens't get too hot in the summer. Reason being I have the bedrooms above mine and the garage isn't blasted by the sun like the upstairs plus the floor isn't insulated so all the cool falls into the garage.
Posted by: 98greenGT

Re: My garage mod! Heating and Cooling - 01/21/09 05:00 PM

Hold up. Did you really just say it was too cold working in your garage today in FLORIDA?!

Sheesh, come up here this weekend and help me work on my car while it's 20 degrees outside and barely 40 in the garage and then try and tell me it's cold down there!

Re: My garage mod! Heating and Cooling - 01/21/09 06:03 PM

Send me plane ticket. Wasn't cold, I just made myself comfortable!!!
Posted by: jorgs_7

Re: My garage mod! Heating and Cooling - 01/21/09 06:04 PM

nice
Posted by: black99gtp

Re: My garage mod! Heating and Cooling - 01/21/09 07:25 PM

what's considered cold in florida... 50? 60? I'm jumping for joy knowing it's gonna be about 35 tomorrow, unless they changed the forecast again
Posted by: BoostenGTP

Re: My garage mod! Heating and Cooling - 01/21/09 09:11 PM

its been in the single digits here, come on up steve, bet you wont last 20 seconds.
Posted by: 98greenGT

Re: My garage mod! Heating and Cooling - 01/21/09 09:21 PM

Haha it would probably be cheaper for me to drive the car down there and work on it in your nice and toasty garage!

The thing that gets me though is that it's gonna hit 36 on Friday (the warmest it's been for a while) but I won't have time to work on the car until Saturday when it's gonna drop down to 12! Just my luck! mad

Re: My garage mod! Heating and Cooling - 01/21/09 11:13 PM

It actually is hitting below freezing tonight.
Came out of work, and didn't know what to do with frost on my windshield! Feels darn good though, actually.
Posted by: StreetShaker

Re: My garage mod! Heating and Cooling - 01/21/09 11:24 PM

I was in MD over the weekend and was basking in 45* snow free weather, only to come home to 6-7 inches of snow and a high of a whopping 12*. Worst thing is the first thing I had to do was shovel my parking space out!