Sold The GTP =(

Posted by: BoostenGTP

Sold The GTP =( - 06/17/08 03:15 PM

This weekend i was out and about and this guy ran into me at the gas station, we got to talking about my car and he was very interested in the GTP, said he has been lookin around for a while for a nice coupe with low miles, then he offered me 12 grand for it. I told him i would have to think about it hard, i have been thinking lately of getting rid of it because of gas prices and i cant afford the insurance on a supercharged car right now. Bills are catching up to me, and i cant afford it. So yesterday i called him up and said, if he is willing to go 13,500 ill sell it to him. So he came by later with the money, and drove my baby away. I am very sad yet happy, i dont have to worry about this $1200 insurance bill coming, plus i can plan for a new car, ive been shopping around today and looking at a cobalt, or a g6. My price range is around 15k at the most. So what do you gouys think, what should i get a Cobalt or a G6?
Posted by: '01 GT

Re: Sold The GTP =( - 06/17/08 03:19 PM

dude i pay 1167 for insurance every 6 months...so ur not the only one....i told u what to get.
Posted by: tazfootball2

Re: Sold The GTP =( - 06/17/08 03:22 PM

CAN NOT BELIEVE YOU SOLD IT!!! ...but you gotta do what you gotta do, right?

Personally, I wouldn't get a colbalt. I guess I have some kind of vendetta against them since my ex-g/f had one and I told her not to buy it, but I have never ever liked them. So I would go after the G6.

Although since i'm going to be working for Honda, I will advise you to get one. HAHA j/k. I was never a big Honda fan.
Posted by: 20gtp02

Re: Sold The GTP =( - 06/17/08 03:23 PM

What I was your age, I was paying $3600 a year for insurance.
I would change your sig, and get lost! This is a GP forum, not a Cobalt forum!
J/K man
Get what ever fits your comfort and your bills!
Posted by: brown

Re: Sold The GTP =( - 06/17/08 03:39 PM

for $13,500 I'd kick my car to the curb.
Posted by: r.s.hutchinson

Re: Sold The GTP =( - 06/17/08 05:50 PM

15000 eh? r32 golf? wrx sti? something awd with mod possibilities.

Re: Sold The GTP =( - 06/17/08 05:51 PM

i want american lol, i like tuners but i want american.

Re: Sold The GTP =( - 06/17/08 06:02 PM

srt-8 jeep lol. wouldn't be able to afford gas in it though.

srt-4 neon? cobalt ss (they are pretty nice i think, supercharged, stick, light,).

alot of imports are more american that some 'american' cars. just like chevman (i think it was him) pointed out.
Posted by: zuulmusic

Re: Sold The GTP =( - 06/17/08 06:22 PM

My there are some parallel threads going on...
I just sit back and chuckle at the people selling their cars because of gas prices to get something with a couple more MPG and paying more upfront.
I will stop chuckling when gas hits $7+ and each mpg starts really counting.
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: Sold The GTP =( - 06/17/08 07:51 PM

I'd pass on the Cobalt. I rented the G5 (same as cobalt but better looking) and didn't care for the size. I'd go for the G6 almost as roomy as the GP and some good pep to if you get the GT or up.
Posted by: Dthreap

Re: Sold The GTP =( - 06/17/08 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by zuulmusic:
My there are some parallel threads going on...
I just sit back and chuckle at the people selling their cars because of gas prices to get something with a couple more MPG and paying more upfront.
I will stop chuckling when gas hits $7+ and each mpg starts really counting.
Yea, some people aren't realizing how long it will take to pay off that new car they just got instead of paying for gas.

My grandpa has been delivering parts for ford lately and he said this guy brought a Almost F250 in with a extended cab and 8 foot bed and traded it in for $7500 and got a ford escape and had to take a loan out. So he has about 14 year loan instead of just paying a little more for gas. If I had the money I would def buy a truck. Their practically giving them away.

Re: Sold The GTP =( - 06/17/08 08:17 PM

Seen an 04 Navigator on the lot today on my way home $8500.
Posted by: 00grandprixgt

Re: Sold The GTP =( - 06/17/08 10:11 PM

sorry FOR MY LANGUAGE but dudeeeeee tahts sucks!!!!! URS WAS MY FAVORITE GTP !!!! U JERK LOL jk
Posted by: 4drgt

Re: Sold The GTP =( - 06/17/08 10:38 PM

thank god you sold it lol now i dont have to see that pos lol jk jk get a bonni gxp lol

Re: Sold The GTP =( - 06/17/08 10:54 PM

as long as it has a 3.8 its good in ym book
Posted by: Zalfrin

Re: Sold The GTP =( - 06/17/08 11:13 PM

My dad's supercharged cobalt ss is a ton of fun to drive, but hes had so much stuff break on it. If you can get one with a good warranty, go for it. Otherwise, be careful. smile
Posted by: brown

Re: Sold The GTP =( - 06/17/08 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by r.s.hutchinson:
15000 eh? r32 golf? wrx sti? something awd with mod possibilities.
R32s run around $20k for the older ones. Mid 30's for new ones.
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: Sold The GTP =( - 06/17/08 11:27 PM

consider yourself lucky. i wish someone would offer me that much for my pos. Good luck!
Posted by: 20gtp02

Re: Sold The GTP =( - 06/17/08 11:29 PM

Well Corey, you have to be able to get it out and about, like to the gas station!

Oh, jeremy, we have to see pics of this sale to be legit. LOL

Re: Sold The GTP =( - 06/17/08 11:30 PM

lol wow way to be a jerk steve!!!! no
Posted by: zuulmusic

Re: Sold The GTP =( - 06/17/08 11:41 PM

lol! and of the next car.
Posted by: Dre da GP man

Re: Sold The GTP =( - 06/17/08 11:50 PM

the cobalt ss are nice, but I would get a G6 GXP because it has a little more room than the cobalt.
Posted by: Acefighter

Re: Sold The GTP =( - 06/18/08 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by '01 GT:
dude i pay 1167 for insurance every 6 months...so ur not the only one....i told u what to get.
Yea, I don't want to hear it. I pay $1800 every 6 months...$320 a month...with a clean driving record.

Although I would sell my car for 13,500...considering I paid 10 for it, that'd be sweet. laugh

If you want an American with modding potential, I'd look at the Dodge Neon SRT-4. The Cobalt has always stuck me as a chick's car. lol (you should see the one in my apartment complex...driven by a girl, of course. wink )
Posted by: ThunderBat

Re: Sold The GTP =( - 06/18/08 02:58 AM

I have to admit I might just part with my car for that kind of money...although is your insurance going to be just as high with newer car and full coverage?

I like the G5 much better than the Cobalt although I must admit the SS version isnt bad looking. I like all of the G6s but I dont know how much mod potential is out there. I would heavily consider a G6 but I would also look at a 04 GP since I like those as well.
Posted by: RooK

Re: Sold The GTP =( - 06/18/08 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by '01 GT:
lol wow way to be a jerk steve!!!! no
He has a point... :p Besides, ord is pimpin around in his Miata.

If I had money to burn, I'd opt for one of the latter production SRT4s or an Evo/Scooby. All have good aftermarket support, proven numbers, and turbos so you get good gas mileage unless you push the happy pedal.
Posted by: GP GT GUY

Re: Sold The GTP =( - 06/18/08 04:11 AM

wow i thought insurance was high... but i've never paid over 500 for 6 months... i was with allstate by myself, but the people set it up that i was a minimum driver and my insurance was 4somethin every 6. now i'm with progressive with my parents and i paid 320, but i had a 60 dollar discount for something.... yay me! lol

i can't believe you sold it though... congrats...

i'd say the cobalt cuz those things are pretty fast... leasing the new honda accord or an Acura TL would be what i would do with that money... the TL is so sexy too...

Re: Sold The GTP =( - 06/18/08 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by GP GT GUY:
or an Acura TL would be what i would do with that money... the TL is so sexy too...
He's trying to lessen his insurance costs. I'm sure the TL will be more then the GP.
Posted by: soulonfire11

Re: Sold The GTP =( - 06/18/08 10:10 AM

LS1 Trans Am smile

seriously, i would go the cobalt ss route. those ecotec engines are great. plus its not a crappy automatic...

Re: Sold The GTP =( - 06/18/08 10:16 AM

G6 Vert wink

I hated the G5 I have the feeling I'd hate the cobalt too. The SS option is the only thing making it somewhat ok.
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: Sold The GTP =( - 06/18/08 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 20gtp02:
Well Corey, you have to be able to get it out and about, like to the gas station!

Oh, jeremy, we have to see pics of this sale to be legit. LOL
very true. but lets just say hypothetically someone offered me anything over 10k for the GP before she got surgery... i wouldnt think twice, the GP would be gone

Re: Sold The GTP =( - 06/18/08 11:09 AM

Heck if some one offered me 6k I'd probably take it. That would pay it off and give me a nice down payment on a G8.

Re: Sold The GTP =( - 06/18/08 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by brown:
Quote:
Originally posted by r.s.hutchinson:
[b] 15000 eh? r32 golf? wrx sti? something awd with mod possibilities.
R32s run around $20k for the older ones. Mid 30's for new ones. [/b]
I only like the 04's. I hate the new ones. But i have seen some of the 04's go for 16. so its not too far of a stretch.

My first and only mod on one of those would be TT.

Re: Sold The GTP =( - 06/19/08 11:07 AM

meh R32s arent very fast stock... my buddy got a ned one for graduation and its still not as fast as my GTP

Re: Sold The GTP =( - 06/23/08 12:16 AM

insurenace wise i only pay 90 bucks a month...weird
Posted by: Zalfrin

Re: Sold The GTP =( - 06/23/08 01:13 PM

Mine is also dirt cheap, I think a big part of it is that we live in Iowa. ;-)

While the '97 GP SE is dead, we put insurance back on my wife's old '99 Cavalier. Basic insurance w/o collision/comprehensive is costing me $100 for 6 monthes. lol

Re: Sold The GTP =( - 06/23/08 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 00grandprixgt:
insurenace wise i only pay 90 bucks a month...weird
i pay 100 a month and im only 18
Posted by: 2fast4u

Re: Sold The GTP =( - 06/23/08 04:19 PM

cobalt ss turbo those new ones are sick smile

Re: Sold The GTP =( - 06/23/08 07:21 PM

i have full coverage though.

Re: Sold The GTP =( - 06/23/08 07:33 PM

ya i have full coverage as well and i pay 1191 for 6 months..