Turbo

Posted by: BTC13

Turbo - 01/04/06 06:53 PM

Now this is what I'd really like my next mod to be. Saw a write up on this in High Performance Pontiac and they claimed 1/4 times in the 11's. Nothing like low end power of the supercharger with the added higher end boost of the turbo kit. If my daughter didn't need a car for college, I'd be getting this kit now.
http://www.cartuning.ca/productsTurboKit.php
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: Turbo - 01/04/06 07:00 PM

On the L67 you block off the S/C so it isn't being used.

If you have a the L67 motor as found in the 97-03 Grand Prix GTP then also available is an adaptor plate to make the kit work perfectly. What you will do is remove the snout (nose drive), and block off the end of the s/c casing. This will make way more horsepower then with the supercharger. If you have an intercooler installed already, not to worry as this will work just fine with all intercoolers on the market.

But yes you can take a turbo car into the 9s.

Scott Cook over at clubgp uses a turbo set up and runs in the 9s.
Posted by: BTC13

Re: Turbo - 01/04/06 07:04 PM

Will have to look thru the article again, thought the sc was still being used for low end out of the hole boost. The intercooler is $1050, awfully steep price to me. I can get them from stock Daytonas all day long for under $100.
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: Turbo - 01/04/06 07:54 PM

No all the turbo kits eliminate the S/C. The S/C becomes the upper manifold. Cheaper then milling a new upper intake.

As for the intercooler. The cost is the heat exchanger that is placed between the S/C and LIM. Inch thick billett is extremely expensive.
Posted by: framos242

Re: Turbo - 01/05/06 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by HercMan:
But yes you can take a turbo car into the 9s.

Scott Cook over at clubgp uses a turbo set up and runs in the 9s.
Yup. Zoomer took the #1 spot for a short bit but Scott came back and regained the #1 seat.

BTW, I don't think Scott shows his face on clubgp. He just stays on 3800pro.
Posted by: TastyBake

Re: Turbo - 01/05/06 04:59 PM

I try not to get into the pointless clubgp drama.

As Herc mentioned, the S/C's snout is removed and is blocked off. Best to have the tranny upgraded to handle this.

Is it worth it? Hecks yea!
Posted by: ThunderBat

Re: Turbo - 01/05/06 09:50 PM

its a lot of bucks for their kit but it is also a very complete set up...injectors, exhaust, harness and a PCM are all included...I really dig the idea of adding this to my ride, but I'd really like to make the car a non-daily driver before I do (just hope the kit is available for that long)
Posted by: boosnark1

Re: Turbo - 01/08/06 01:16 AM

a grocery getter (add baby seats where applicable) that gets into the 9s. These cars will never cease to amaze me smile