home theater

Posted by: redgtman

home theater - 02/05/10 01:49 PM

k lookin to make a huge addition to my home entertainment and was lookin at a decent 5.1 home surround sound system. i have a ps3, 47in 1080p tv, and i need speakers!!! but i want everything to go thru the system as in like when i watch tv i want the speakers to work, and play the playstation either with movies or games. think bout spending from 200-500 bones
Posted by: r.s.hutchinson

Re: home theater - 02/05/10 02:26 PM

Doesn't matter what system you have, you can still get the sound to play through your speakers.

Cables will go from:

TV AUDIO OUT (red and white wires, on back of TV, every new tv (since like 1995) has this so Im sure yours does) to AUDIO IN on your home theatre system. Then connect all your devices to your TV instead of receiver.

That easy.

You can get a decent set up that will work fine for your home easily in your budget if not right at 200. Check out sale items at Wal Mart or Circuit City or w.e you have down there.

If you get a true receiver it should have more than enough inputs for all your devices so you could connect to there and then have the video out connected to video in on your TV.
Posted by: Richard Candelario

Re: home theater - 02/05/10 06:43 PM

If you had the budget for it, I would suggest the leading names in the industry: Onkyo and Harmon/Kardon. Those two brands are expensive, but they are the best. Speakers not included.
Posted by: 98greenGT

Re: home theater - 02/05/10 06:45 PM

I have a Harmon/Kardon receiver at home, we have not hooked it up to a surround system yet but it is a fantastic receiver with a ton of features. Don't let the power ratings or the higher price fool you, you are getting a terrific deal.

Re: home theater - 02/05/10 07:48 PM

so the systems have input and output hdmi hook ups for everything so itll work? and im lookin for the tower speakers and and around 1000w at least
Posted by: 72chevman

Re: home theater - 02/05/10 11:00 PM

Why 1000 watts? My Pioneer 5.1 system is 550 watts(5x110watts) and I've never watched a movie over 25% of volume and never a CD over 50%, and that shakes the house something violent. Best practice is a dedicated 12-15" subwoofer. Make sure your receiver has a seperate sub output channel. Spend your cash on a quality center channel as they is where 75% of movie sound comes from.

Re: home theater - 02/06/10 11:53 AM

why 1000? because i dont only just want to hear the movie but feel it as well. im 23 got a decent movie collection, listen to music very loud and i game hardcore and i want something that i know can handle what i ask of it. im young and i like my gaggets to loud and hit hard