Grand Prix Ride?

Posted by: 1997GrandPrixGT

Grand Prix Ride? - 02/26/08 12:09 AM

well i want to meet some of yall guys on here, look at your Gp's and gain knowledge from other guys. i think we should deffitenly have a meet somewhere. anywhere, idc, ill drive up to 1000 miles this summer, lol. im ready to have a Grand Prix jambaree!!! haha, lets get it together. so who all is in?
Posted by: RooK

Re: Grand Prix Ride? - 02/26/08 12:49 AM

TMS?

Re: Grand Prix Ride? - 02/26/08 12:54 AM

what is tms? lol
Posted by: brown

Re: Grand Prix Ride? - 02/26/08 06:38 AM

Texas Motor Speedway. A group of GP Net guys usually meet there during the summer to do some hot laps at the track and have a good time.
Posted by: ThunderBat

Re: Grand Prix Ride? - 02/26/08 08:18 AM

TMS holds two "Laps for Charity" events each year. One in May and the other in Sept iirc...you can check the Texas Motor Speedway website for event dates.

I had great time when I went...it was a long trip but well worth it.
Posted by: AustinGTP

Re: Grand Prix Ride? - 02/26/08 08:22 AM

May 24th and Sept 20th... mark your calendars!
Posted by: Acefighter

Re: Grand Prix Ride? - 02/26/08 08:26 AM

Hopefully I can be there this time.
Posted by: 20gtp02

Re: Grand Prix Ride? - 02/26/08 08:58 AM

Speaking of TMS, anyone get a hold of the guy who took video, Kev-GTP. He's been MIA for some time now.
Hope things are alright. He was quite active here.
Posted by: buggy2068

Re: Grand Prix Ride? - 02/26/08 12:23 PM

I will try and make it in Sep. No guarantees. I am taking a month off in August and I will only have a couple of days left after that.
Posted by: tazfootball2

Re: Grand Prix Ride? - 02/26/08 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ThunderBat:
TMS holds two "Laps for Charity" events each year.
Is that the sponsor?; "Laps for Charity". Is it only for grand prixs, or do other cars come? Reason I ask, is because me and Tyler were thinking about making some calls and try to set one up here! IMS (Indianapolis Motor Speedway), I think that would be pretty cool if we could get that together!
Posted by: GP GT GUY

Re: Grand Prix Ride? - 02/26/08 04:38 PM

ya... that'd be cool it's just all about getting in contact with the right people...

Re: Grand Prix Ride? - 02/26/08 04:40 PM

I'm going to try an make TMS this year. If not May the September. Maybe the car will be semi-complete by then.

Re: Grand Prix Ride? - 02/26/08 05:51 PM

Laps for Charity is the name of the event. The cost of the event is $30 for 3 paced laps. All proceeds go to Speedway Children's Charities and help kids in the DFW area.

If anyone out of state is thinking about making the trip, I would highly suggest planning for the September event. The turn out for the past May events have been less than stellar. The September event for some reason draws a bigger crowd than the May event. Either way, I'll be there for both.

Re: Grand Prix Ride? - 02/26/08 06:57 PM

im planning on going, hey rook want to follow each other down there? and maybe round up some more gp owners going and make it a gp ride down there? lol

Re: Grand Prix Ride? - 02/26/08 07:40 PM

That would be fine with me.

Re: Grand Prix Ride? - 02/26/08 07:41 PM

ok. you going to the May or september one?

Re: Grand Prix Ride? - 02/26/08 08:56 PM

I'd like to go in May, but September is probably more realistic.

Re: Grand Prix Ride? - 02/26/08 09:02 PM

either one is fine with me, if im still in school. i can skip a day or 2 haha.
Posted by: northtnguy

Re: Grand Prix Ride? - 02/26/08 09:51 PM

I might be joining the convoy if it's in September hammer

Re: Grand Prix Ride? - 02/26/08 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by northtnguy:
I might be joining the convoy if it's in September hammer
ditto

Re: Grand Prix Ride? - 02/26/08 11:29 PM

alright, im heading sep for sure. tell anyone with a gp to ride with us.

Re: Grand Prix Ride? - 02/26/08 11:31 PM

I would just have to see about getting the time off of work, I am planning on going to Florida for a vacation in August, so I don't know how much leave I will have left.
Posted by: ThunderBat

Re: Grand Prix Ride? - 02/27/08 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tazfootball2:
Quote:
Originally posted by ThunderBat:
[b] TMS holds two "Laps for Charity" events each year.
Is that the sponsor?; "Laps for Charity". Is it only for grand prixs, or do other cars come? Reason I ask, is because me and Tyler were thinking about making some calls and try to set one up here! IMS (Indianapolis Motor Speedway), I think that would be pretty cool if we could get that together! [/b]
Good Luck making that happen but if you do it would be awesome!...some hot laps around the legendary "Brickyard" would be a fantastic experience and one I would surely be willing to make. I took the tour bus ride and did the museum when we stopped thru a few years ago and it was great! To me Indy is the "hallowed ground" of auto racing in this country.

Man a pic of the T-Bat parked on the "row of bricks" would be framed and hung on the wall! thumbsup

I wont be able to make Sept TMS this year since we already have a previous engagement to see the Blue Angels that weekend in Va Beach...plus we are still planning our Houston trip for late Oct so I hope you guys have a blast.

Re: Grand Prix Ride? - 02/27/08 10:41 PM

so who all is planning on going to TMS?

Re: Grand Prix Ride? - 02/28/08 01:31 AM

I can probably go. I'll plan for the May one, and hopefully I can go to Sept also. Can't really plan that far ahead right now.

And T-bat, give a shout when it's closer to time for you to come. I'd love to see that car in person. laugh

Re: Grand Prix Ride? - 02/28/08 02:20 AM

if i have a money im going to may too. so when ever may rolls around and i got enough saved up then ill rolling on down. i guess im sleeping in the GP that nite. im only 17 so i cant rent a hotel room. haha. man that sucks.

Re: Grand Prix Ride? - 02/28/08 02:32 AM

Maybe you could send someone the money over paypal, and they could rent a room for you? Guess I could do it, so long as I'm able to go.

If not me, surely someone would be willing to help out.

Re: Grand Prix Ride? - 02/28/08 02:43 AM

alright man, or i could possibly get my mom to call ahead and make reservations. that is if she lets me wink but she will most likely not know im going, if she does, shew i wont be there wink but ill proablly will do that man, thanks

Re: Grand Prix Ride? - 02/28/08 03:10 AM

Now, I can't condone you doing something that could get you in trouble...

lol

Re: Grand Prix Ride? - 02/28/08 03:19 AM

lol. man my mom would kill me if she knew where all ive been in my GP, lol. florida last summer, paoli peaks indian this winter, chicago, man ive put on like 20K in the last year. smile lol
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: Grand Prix Ride? - 02/28/08 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 1997GrandPrixGT:
lol. man my mom would kill me if she knew where all ive been in my GP, lol. florida last summer, paoli peaks indian this winter, chicago, man ive put on like 20K in the last year. smile lol
im tellin wink

Re: Grand Prix Ride? - 03/10/08 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by AustinGTP:
May 24th and Sept 20th... mark your calendars!
Hey, in the past, have y'all gotten together for more than just the day of? Or is it more of a one day meet?

I need to know when to request off work. laugh
Posted by: 4drgt

Re: Grand Prix Ride? - 03/10/08 07:29 AM

gosh id love to go but its like a 12hr drive one way for me. plus all the gas involved in driving down there

Re: Grand Prix Ride? - 03/10/08 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Acefighter:
Quote:
Originally posted by AustinGTP:
[b] May 24th and Sept 20th... mark your calendars!
Hey, in the past, have y'all gotten together for more than just the day of? Or is it more of a one day meet?

I need to know when to request off work. laugh [/b]
Just the day of.