Today is my 21st birthday...

Posted by: lonezergling

Today is my 21st birthday... - 02/08/09 11:37 PM

No, I didn't go to the bar.

I can't stand the taste of alcohol. But I will be going to the bar sometime this week with friends from work.

They'll be getting drunk *for* me while we share a few quality cigars.

My mom left a card with $21 in the bathroom before I left for work. Then, as I went to my car, there was another on on my windshield.

While I was at work, she got my co-workers to put another in my bin in back, so I'd see it when I went on lunch.

Another was found at my dad's house where I went for dinner.

The final, on the top step back into my mom's apartment.

Everybody around me has made such an effort to make my 21st birthday the best birthday ever. Everbody except the woman who I've been waiting to come back for 3 months now, who says she will be giving me an answer tomorrow whether she will come back to me or keep floating from guy to guy.

No phone call, card, not so much as a text message.

...I don't know if I'm even willing to see her tomorrow, regardless of her decision.
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: Today is my 21st birthday... - 02/08/09 11:38 PM

Tell her to go away. Just enjoy your birthday! I'm glad it was an awesome one!
Posted by: 4drgt

Re: Today is my 21st birthday... - 02/08/09 11:39 PM

glad you had your freinds and family there, and dont worry bout the woman, heck would you want her back if she cant even wish you a happy bday
Posted by: palsut

Re: Today is my 21st birthday... - 02/08/09 11:41 PM

Happy Birthday! wink
Posted by: StreetShaker

Re: Today is my 21st birthday... - 02/08/09 11:51 PM

Happy Birthday!!!! I hate alcohol as well. Soberness FTW!

Re: Today is my 21st birthday... - 02/08/09 11:55 PM

Does anybody here know how to solve a rubik's cube!?

I've been messing with this thing for like a week now!!!

I've got a program that will solve it but... I wanna LEARN how to do it.

stupid cube of... stupidness...
Posted by: jorgs_7

Re: Today is my 21st birthday... - 02/09/09 12:11 AM

happy B-day , but those cubes are annoying if you dont know the pattern lol and i dont
Posted by: jaybur

Re: Today is my 21st birthday... - 02/09/09 12:20 AM

Happy birthday. I'd have a beer for ya, but the closest thing I have to a "beer" in my fridge right now is a root beer. I do drink btw, just hardly ever these days. I hit the bottle pretty hard around 21-23. I was the last one of my friends to start drinking! I am not encouraging you btw, you can have fun sober too!

Re: Today is my 21st birthday... - 02/09/09 12:23 AM

My coworkers say there are a few bars around here that have Sprecher's root beer on tap, far cheaper than what it costs at the store.

So I may be going to the bar once a week, if only to knock back an ice cold root beer. Easily my favorite beverage. Second only to Brisk rasberry iced tea. I'm hooked on that stuff like crack...
Posted by: StreetShaker

Re: Today is my 21st birthday... - 02/09/09 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by lonezergling:
My coworkers say there are a few bars around here that have Sprecher's root beer on tap, far cheaper than what it costs at the store.

So I may be going to the bar once a week, if only to knock back an ice cold root beer. Easily my favorite beverage. Second only to Brisk rasberry iced tea. I'm hooked on that stuff like crack...
Must be a thing with people who dont drink. Me nor my friends drink but we are all hooked on Gallikers Iced Tea like heroin....
Posted by: 2fast4u

Re: Today is my 21st birthday... - 02/09/09 07:23 AM

i was a drinker during High school pretty heavy, but i dont drink anymore. and Arizona iced tea is where its at smile !!!!!! 23.5 oz for a dollar!! smile
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: Today is my 21st birthday... - 02/09/09 07:52 AM

Happy Bday.

As for the rubiks cube I solved mine like any good wrench turner would. I pulled it apart and put it back together. LOL.
Posted by: jaybur

Re: Today is my 21st birthday... - 02/09/09 08:24 AM

My dad and I used to go to perkins quite often (YEARS ago) anyway, the raspberry iced tea was always the beverage of choice. Free refills, oh yea.

Herc, lol I was going to say peel of the stickers and put them on so it looks like you got it! BUT then again, I guess that defeats the purpose of it.
Posted by: Zalfrin

Re: Today is my 21st birthday... - 02/09/09 08:56 AM

lol, no alcohol but cigars are okay. You disgust me. wink
Posted by: Richard Candelario

Re: Today is my 21st birthday... - 02/09/09 09:04 AM

Happy Birthday Zerg! Hope it was as awesome as it sounded.
Posted by: GTPCompG

Re: Today is my 21st birthday... - 02/09/09 11:59 AM

Hope you had a good bday zerg:D
Posted by: Blackarrow98GP

Re: Today is my 21st birthday... - 02/09/09 12:59 PM

Posted by: 20gtp02

Re: Today is my 21st birthday... - 02/09/09 01:08 PM

Happy 21st!
I drink in a social setting.
Don't let a chick ruin what appears to be good times right now.
If you have to wait for that decision, then you should already be smart enough to know she isn't putting in 100% of quality to you.
And for the cube, my buddy started teaching me, I had 3 steps on the way to 7 done. Then I forgot.
He had a little book he bought that showed him basic steps.
Posted by: brown

Re: Today is my 21st birthday... - 02/09/09 11:44 PM

happy b-day

Get over the chick and get out of your moms house.
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: Today is my 21st birthday... - 02/10/09 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by brown:

Get over the chick and get out of your moms house.
lol!
Posted by: ifitwasnt4u

Re: Today is my 21st birthday... - 02/10/09 04:54 PM

Happy birthday!

As for the girl, at that age they never know what they want. Its best to just let her float away and learn from it.

Re: Today is my 21st birthday... - 02/10/09 11:45 PM

Hey hey now, I live with my mother by CHOICE!

My dad just up and decided he didn't love her one day and tore our entire family apart.

I landed in a psych hospital for a week on suicide watch.

My 16 year old brother has been smoking for 3 years and drinking for 1

My little sisters are just very hurt and upset by it. Deanna is handling it though, but Katie hides her pain. I'm afraid one day it will bite her.

My mom had to get her own place and re-enter the work force after 20 years.

She lived alone for almost 2 years. I moved in with her because of problems with Ema, but I'm staying here because I love my mommy and she has nobody anymore frown