Gun Laws In AZ

Posted by: Jose

Gun Laws In AZ - 02/15/05 11:08 PM

Does any one know were i can find guns laws from A? or know if i can buy a handgun, im 20, not 21,? I have an ak-47, but i want 2 9mm, and many people have told me i have to be 21. but every place i looked for guns laws says i could carry one, but it dont say if i could buy it.

Re: Gun Laws In AZ - 02/15/05 11:14 PM

As a minor you are allowed to have and legally discharge firearms if you have your parent or guardian’s permission.

If someone sells or gives you a firearm or ammunition without your parent’s permission when you are a minor, they are guilty of a class 6 felony. This includes toy pistols by which dangerous an explosive substances may be discharged (ARS 13-3109).

Any time a gun is used in connection with an offense (such as an assault, or a gun is shoplifted) the penalty for those illegal actions is increased.

what do they consideer a minor? im going crazy hear, is it someone than 18 or 21.
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: Gun Laws In AZ - 02/16/05 06:27 AM

Easy. Just call up a gun shop. They'll help you out with the particulars.
Posted by: DoberManJT

Re: Gun Laws In AZ - 02/16/05 08:17 AM

I grew up in AZ, and my dad frequented shooting ranges, as of 1999 (when I left AZ) you had to be 21 to legally own a handgun, 18 for rifles/shotguns
Posted by: framos242

Re: Gun Laws In AZ - 02/16/05 11:24 AM

For more info:

www.nra.org

Re: Gun Laws In AZ - 02/16/05 01:57 PM

Doberman, but if you go to a gun show you could by one, and ive been pulled over with my friends .40 and the cops just checked it and did nothuing
Posted by: framos242

Re: Gun Laws In AZ - 02/16/05 03:11 PM

AZ law about purchase:

"It is unlawful to sell or give to a minor, without written consent of the minor`s parent or legal guardian, a firearm or ammunition.

No state permit is required to purchase a shotgun, rifle, or handgun."

AZ law about possession:

"No state permit is required to possess a shotgun, rifle or handgun."

Re: Gun Laws In AZ - 02/16/05 08:24 PM

a minor is under 18, not under 21