gtp motor

Posted by: 00grandprixgt

gtp motor - 09/25/08 12:58 PM

Ok my buddy has a gtp motor that had 144k on it and the tranny for 400 bucks i want to buy it so i can have fast car....my dad will help finnaly with swap
would it be better to top swap my car with gtp parts or jsut do a complete motor swap.....4DRGT ik u want to kill me right now lol....
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: gtp motor - 09/25/08 01:34 PM

Topswap it and drop in the HD tranny. smile You could even pull the 3.29 gears from your tranny for use in the replacement smile
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: gtp motor - 09/25/08 04:10 PM

this has been brought up so many times. search it.
Posted by: BoostenGTP

Re: gtp motor - 09/25/08 05:26 PM

Andrew is going to KILL YOU! you already told him you were selling it to him so wtf dude, thats not cool, he talked to me yesterday all siked about it saying he finally has a gtp motor for 400 bucks.

Re: gtp motor - 09/25/08 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BoostenGTP02:
Andrew is going to KILL YOU! you already told him you were selling it to him so wtf dude, thats not cool, he talked to me yesterday all siked about it saying he finally has a gtp motor for 400 bucks.
thats pretty messed up
Posted by: 4drgt

Re: gtp motor - 09/25/08 10:16 PM

yeah kinda poopy thing .. but i guess if you top swap the motor im still taken the tranny .. not cool but i still need the tranny

language

Re: gtp motor - 09/25/08 10:19 PM

shit i would even come to pull the motor and trans so you wouldnt even have to worry about it

Re: gtp motor - 09/25/08 10:20 PM

Karl FTL!
Posted by: '01 GT

Re: gtp motor - 09/25/08 10:33 PM

karl u are lame...

Re: gtp motor - 09/25/08 10:34 PM

Karl i would say things to you that would get me banned from this forum, because of that i wont for the curtousy of others, but man thats not something you do, you dont tell someone they can have something like that and get their hopes up and then just drop the ball on them because you want it. just do a top swap, give andrew that motor and trans.

Re: gtp motor - 09/25/08 10:37 PM

ya dude...have some respect...
Posted by: palsut

Re: gtp motor - 09/25/08 11:01 PM

whoa calm down... I don't know what going on but he probably changed his mind or whatever. It is just motor. There are million motors in this USA. Sorry 4drgt. I know you are upset. Someday, you will get one.

Re: gtp motor - 09/25/08 11:05 PM

ya its just a motor palsut but he PROMISED 4drgt.

Re: gtp motor - 09/25/08 11:06 PM

everyone is just sayen its just the fact of the whole situation im worken on the ss setup but i was going to use this motor as a builder and then i can swap motors and have a halfway built motor in my car along with a HD tranny and the dif gears

Re: gtp motor - 09/25/08 11:08 PM

yeah its a shitty thing but i dont want to get 2 worked up ...

Re: gtp motor - 09/25/08 11:16 PM

Ahh I see. No wonder. Well, see what he says about that. He is probably view it as guest but don't want to say anything lol... he is kid right? Kid can change mind for no reason. wink

Re: gtp motor - 09/25/08 11:23 PM

yeah

Re: gtp motor - 09/25/08 11:26 PM

What happen to supercharger kit that you are working on? It was not work out?

Re: gtp motor - 09/25/08 11:36 PM

he has it. He wanted the motor to be able to put the SS kit on so that the motor and tranny would be pretty much done.

Re: gtp motor - 09/26/08 07:24 AM

yep that is correct, and then i was going to use parts from the top swap to put on the ss kit
Posted by: Zalfrin

Re: gtp motor - 09/26/08 08:48 AM

Andrew, I'll buy the trans from you and sell you the HD from mine, since my 4th gear is gone and I need a new tranny. wink

Re: gtp motor - 09/26/08 11:34 AM

o chill out hes my best friend im buyign it from and my he said he didnt want to sell after all but i talked him into selling it into me and 4drgt already has supercharger, i told another friend of mine has a 3.8 from a buick that hed sell to anybody so if you guys dont like me o well its just a motor

Re: gtp motor - 09/26/08 01:01 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BoostenGTP02:
Karl FTL! [/

i need a fast car n/a SUPER SLOW......so w/e boost

Re: gtp motor - 09/26/08 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by HercMan:
Topswap it and drop in the HD tranny. smile You could even pull the 3.29 gears from your tranny for use in the replacement smile
what would i need besides gaskets....hes giving me the computer and what ever else i want......what about woudl i need DIC with the boost controller?
Posted by: r.s.hutchinson

Re: gtp motor - 09/26/08 01:08 PM

well what are you doing? the whole motor or top-swapping? you don't need the DIC for anything.

Re: gtp motor - 09/26/08 04:45 PM

i plan on keeping original motor and jsut top swapping it..well for the dic doesnt it show boost levels.....?? or is it jsut a fun meter lol ....and when the tranny goes ill put the HD in.....if i top swap i dont plan on going wild...maybe a few mods when i have the motor apart but no like cam and stuff
Posted by: StreetShaker

Re: gtp motor - 09/26/08 06:28 PM

Karl = fail.

Re: gtp motor - 09/26/08 06:40 PM

search top swap. there are lots of threads on it. the FAQ's has a list of everything you need.

The DIC just shows boost level on a stock 3.8 pulley and it just shows it in bars as a percentage, not actual PSI. once you drop pulley sizes the DIC gauge becomes more useless than it is stock as it doesn't show it correctly.

just get a boost gauge and put that in and forget about the DIC.
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: gtp motor - 09/26/08 07:28 PM

The boost guage on the DIC is a joke. I've had it for five years now and I've yet to look at it since day one.

Re: gtp motor - 09/26/08 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 00grandprixgt:
Quote:
Originally posted by HercMan:
[b] Topswap it and drop in the HD tranny. smile You could even pull the 3.29 gears from your tranny for use in the replacement smile
what would i need besides gaskets....hes giving me the computer and what ever else i want......what about woudl i need DIC with the boost controller? [/b]
so youre going to do this to someone who has been a member here for a while, and then ask all of us for help. :rolleyes:

And you act like we pick on you because of your age. Maybe its just your maturity level

Re: gtp motor - 09/26/08 07:49 PM

Don't worry about them. I'm sure they will get over soon. It is your call.

Everyone don't like me because I have 3100 engine. :rolleyes:

I drove GTP yesterday. It was okay. I feel like it is same as SE model when I drive easy.

Re: gtp motor - 09/26/08 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by palsut:

Everyone don't like me because I have 3100 engine. :rolleyes:
Man, you guys are making me go on rant after rant today!

If you really think that we dont like you because you have a smaller motor, then youre just ignorant! People are beginning not to like you because you keep bringing it up, and putting out 3800's down to make yourself feel better. Thats like driving through a trailer park and yelling, "Wal-Mart sucks!" We were very fond of RooK when he has his 3.1L motor. But you have to bring up your 3.1L into every thread that you possibly can. It's very annoying, and everyone is tired of it.

Re: gtp motor - 09/26/08 08:08 PM

Calm down man. Some of them might like me or not.

Some of them don't like me and don't think I'm not belong this message board because I have slow engine but I don't really don't care. It doesn't bother me. Our car have same body but we have like 3 different motors. Everyone love GT/GTP but I love my SE. Accept that 3100 hater... :rolleyes:

Re: gtp motor - 09/26/08 08:36 PM

lol Palsut, I know you're deaf but are you blind too?

Quote:
If you really think that we dont like you because you have a smaller motor, then youre just ignorant! People are beginning not to like you because you keep bringing it up, and putting out 3800's down to make yourself feel better. Thats like driving through a trailer park and yelling, "Wal-Mart sucks!" We were very fond of RooK when he has his 3.1L motor. But you have to bring up your 3.1L into every thread that you possibly can. It's very annoying, and everyone is tired of it.

Re: gtp motor - 09/26/08 08:45 PM

I see it but I don't know what hell he is talking about. I don't post all my 3100 engine on ALL DIFFERENT THREADS. You are all moron. Oh look me! I have powerful engine! I'm fastest! Wheeeee! geez you are all dumbass. I don't care if I'm banned. This site suck ass with full of 3100 hater.

Re: gtp motor - 09/26/08 08:49 PM

OK Palsut.

Do you and Karl get recess together? Grow up.

Re: gtp motor - 09/26/08 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by palsut:
I see it but I don't know what hell he is talking about. I don't post all my 3100 engine on ALL DIFFERENT THREADS. You are all moron. Oh look me! I have powerful engine! I'm fastest! Wheeeee! geez you are all dumbass. I don't care if I'm banned. This site suck ass with full of 3100 hater.
thank you for proving my point.

Re: gtp motor - 09/26/08 09:05 PM

no you need GROW UP!

4drgt says happen and he is over with that I'm pretty much sure. All of you moron keep attacking Karl for no reason. I'm just telling him don't worry about them and everyone hate my engine blah blah and this shit gone crazy.

It is Karl's choice. He buy it and want keep it then that's life. 4drgt might be upset because he promise him but broken it. I'm sure he is over it yesterday but all of you moron still attacking him. You are one should grow up.

language

Re: gtp motor - 09/26/08 09:42 PM

i still want the tranny

Re: gtp motor - 09/26/08 09:46 PM

I know how you feel about that. I totally understand. What is about Ed Morard? He has ton of them when I check his website yesterday. Too pricy?
Posted by: Chico

Re: gtp motor - 09/27/08 12:31 AM

Palsut do you really think people hate you because you have the 3100 engine?I do'nt think which engine you have has any bearing on why people do'nt like you!!!As far as Karl it's not my business but I was brought up with the idea that a mans word was his bond an you were only as good as your word .Chico(pops)