Moving

Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Moving - 10/09/07 09:00 AM

Ok just to let you all know I won't be on much in the next couple of weeks. Today the packers (not the football team)come to pack all my junk and move it from here in Maine all the way south to Georgia. So my internet time is gonna be spotty.
Posted by: AustinGTP

Re: Moving - 10/09/07 10:24 AM

Yea!
No more road salt!

crazy laugh
Posted by: snowrider900

Re: Moving - 10/09/07 10:42 AM

and no more moose on the road ( hopefully) smile )
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: Moving - 10/09/07 10:53 AM

where in georgia?
Posted by: ThunderBat

Re: Moving - 10/09/07 11:15 AM

no more snow...no more cold weather...massive humidity...welcome to hurricane season...should I stop cheering you up now?

good luck on the move and I hope you like it there thumbsup
Posted by: 20gtp02

Re: Moving - 10/09/07 12:33 PM

North West Georgia I believe he PMed me back.
"We're moving into a house in Marrietta Ga. Suburb of Atlanta. Be down there by the end of october."

Just in case he doesn't get back to this thread in a couple of weeks.

Hurricane snurricane, whatever, You be alright Herc, especially in upper left Georgia.
Posted by: Richard Candelario

Re: Moving - 10/09/07 03:05 PM

Yeah, Savannah hardly ever gets hurricanes, and She's on the coast. The rains can get to be a bear, but thats with almost anywhere.

TIP: hunt out Vidalia Onions like your tastebuds continued sanity depend on it. You'll thank me when you do eat one. Oh, and sweet tea. Trust me on this, Herc, trust me.

Re: Moving - 10/09/07 06:34 PM

Yep Marietta.

And I think I can handle the weather wink
Posted by: Acefighter

Re: Moving - 10/09/07 07:27 PM

Mind if I ask why the move? I mean, a couple cities over is one thing, but this is a pretty long drive. lol

Re: Moving - 10/09/07 08:43 PM

Just in case Herc doesn't make it back online, I think it goes a little something like this...

He's a load master for the Navy on a C-130, he put in a transfer for 3 or 4 choices and Atlanta was the one that came up.
Personally... I was pulling for Ft Worth. TMS Laps for Charity FTW! laugh
Posted by: northtnguy

Re: Moving - 10/09/07 10:13 PM

Tbat .... Rook .... y'all want to take a road trip to GA? It won't be too bad for me and Jon, but we'll wait for you to get here, Tim. hammer

Welcome to the south, Herc! laugh

Don
Posted by: Dre da GP man

Re: Moving - 10/10/07 12:07 AM

I remember you saying something about moving to GA. Good luck and be prepared to wash your car from those bugs from down south.

Re: Moving - 10/10/07 01:10 AM

once he gets house set up down there a road trip might not be a bad notion...lets see how Herc's schedule go.
Posted by: RooK

Re: Moving - 10/10/07 10:26 AM

A road trip might be plausible. My dad even lives just outside Atlanta, so I could visit him as well.

BTW, my dad lived in Marietta at one time. It's an OK place, but those Cobb County cops are a tad touchy.

Re: Moving - 10/10/07 07:53 PM

Sounds like a House Warmming Mod Day to me!

Re: Moving - 10/11/07 03:24 AM

a GP red carpet for our fearless moderator laugh ...I'm just razzing about the weather and such...I know it does get pretty hot and humid but he'll have way more bike weather than he ever got in Maine thumbsup
Posted by: theone2043

Re: Moving - 10/11/07 08:33 AM

hey depending on the date i might come out... catch up with tim and drive down together...

Re: Moving - 10/11/07 08:57 AM

Ok Movers took 90% of my stuff all that's left is irreplacable stuff. We'll be in this empty house till monday that's when the cable is getting turned off and we hit the road. We have to have the house spotless by then white glove inspection (military housing yuck). Once Im all settled in down there the wife said she'd be happy to host a mod day and BBQ. When I get down there I'll check and see if Atlanta motorspeedway does laps for charity days as well.

Re: Moving - 10/11/07 10:15 AM

hey herc when you pass through pa if you want stop off and get something to eat let me know ...

Re: Moving - 10/11/07 11:30 AM

We're gonna spend the 16th and 17th the philly area visiting some friends. Not sure how far Pocono is but maybe we can hook up. Then it's a run down to Norfolk for a couple days with more friends and a day at Busch Gardens in Williamsburgh then the last push will be down to the new house.

Re: Moving - 10/11/07 11:33 AM

its like an hour and a half drive or so what day you comming you gonna be around

Re: Moving - 10/11/07 04:21 PM

The 17th would be a good day. Know of a good place to get an authentic philly cheesesteak? We could meet up there.

Re: Moving - 10/11/07 04:38 PM

hmmm im not from philly so i dont know... what part you gonna be at? i get off work about 4 on wednesday..
Posted by: Richard Candelario

Re: Moving - 10/11/07 04:50 PM

Not sure if I told you, Alex, but when I go to different places, I try an d"collect" the food from there. Examples: bbq camel in Afghanistan, "teriyaki" dog in Korea, New England Clam Chowder in Maine, Hatch Chiles in New Mexico, and on it goes...

Point of this post? Herc, do me a favor, IF you are able to get a REAL Philly, tell me what it tastes like (Arby's, Applebee's...) if you would please.

No where in the PHL airport had a sandwich shop, and I had no time between leaving the airport or coming home to find a good place outside the airport. darn it.

Re: Moving - 10/11/07 04:58 PM

yea i know .. but come on now every one says that there are many good steak shops in philly...

Re: Moving - 10/11/07 08:54 PM

When I get a cheesesteak up there, it's never in Philly, its like Burlington area, like 30 minutes west. I could make a few relatives phone calls and see what a good place is to eat? Keep me posted if you want me too.

Re: Moving - 10/15/07 10:59 AM

Ok it's official Im out of the house. Not leaving maine till tomarrow. Currently using the net at the cable company. lol. I'll get on and check as I can.

20 PM me your info and I'll let you know.

Re: Moving - 10/16/07 10:25 PM

Well since we were delayed a day our plans have changed. We are spending the night in Carney's point NJ. Philly is out. Ohh well. Traffic hasn't been to bad so far made it through NY with no probs. Car is doing great pulling in roughly 35 mpg at a steady 62 mph. The truck on the other hand pulling a 2000 pound trailer and 1000 pounds of motorcycles in the bed is pulling 15 mpg at 62 mph. The NJ turnpike is loaded with coppers and seen probably 15 cars pulled over. Tons of GPs on the road but most of them looked pretty beat up felt bad for em. Our next stop is South mills NC.

Re: Moving - 10/16/07 10:33 PM

Good luck when you get to your new home. I've been hearing on the news that the Atlanta area is suffering it's worse drought in years.
Posted by: Dre da GP man

Re: Moving - 10/16/07 11:07 PM

Thats great that your doing fine on the road, when you go in virginia and when your in alexandria I bet you will see at least five cops on I-95 from alexandria through dale city.

Keep us posted on your adventure to your new home.

Re: Moving - 10/16/07 11:18 PM

Why 62 mph? (besides the truck and trailer) Prayer for the other GPs, and have a safe trip the rest of the way. I can feel you coming, well sort of, I'm still much farther south than your destination.
Posted by: RooK

Re: Moving - 10/16/07 11:54 PM

Probably 60mph limit with the high police presence.

Re: Moving - 10/17/07 07:50 AM

62 mph seems to be the best speed for that box of a trailer Im towing with the extra 3500 pounds or so. 64 mph I was only getting 13 mpg. 62 I get about 15.
Posted by: framos242

Re: Moving - 10/18/07 04:48 PM

Hope you and your family arrived and enjoy your new home safely.

Re: Moving - 10/18/07 08:33 PM

were chillin in NC with some friends for a couple days. Monday we get the keys smile

Re: Moving - 10/19/07 03:17 PM

Here's a couple of pics

Here's the main reason for 62mph

Stopped by the Wisconsin
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: Moving - 10/19/07 05:06 PM

very cool herc! cant wait to see some pics of the area!

congrats on the new home!

Re: Moving - 10/22/07 01:00 AM

So this red carpet mod day is when...?

Re: Moving - 10/22/07 07:35 AM

LOL some time in the next couple of months.

Made it to marietta. Get the keys to the house this morning. Not sure when I'll have my internet on so behave.