"New" Car

Posted by: ordonez1307

"New" Car - 03/17/08 11:51 AM

Well, im done with the grand prix. Long story, but it is now a garage queen. Im tired of the upkeep/money/everything. Im just royally pissed off with it.

Looking to spend around 4k, decent on gas, a stick is a plus, and it needs to be reliable.

Who has some ideas for me?

edit: dont ask me if im demodding or anything. The answer is no. If i sell any parts i will make a separate thread. Please dont PM me asking for dibs on any of my parts either. Im sick of getting PM's asking, im not selling anything at this point
Posted by: BoostenGTP

Re: "New" Car - 03/17/08 11:54 AM

woah man sorry to hear about the gp, go with a Carolla or Honda or something for good gas smile
Posted by: '01 GT

Re: "New" Car - 03/17/08 01:53 PM

im saying go for a tibby or something along those lines.....
Posted by: r.s.hutchinson

Re: "New" Car - 03/17/08 02:59 PM

Golf turbo diesel, last forever, diesel is very efficient, come available in stick and auto, FAST and the 00-04 golfs look good imo.
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: "New" Car - 03/17/08 03:05 PM

Ya but the rest of the car is crud.
Posted by: tazfootball2

Re: "New" Car - 03/17/08 03:10 PM

WOW! I'm shocked! eek Sorry to hear about the bad news ordonez. frown I was about to write something about the vultures. I will "SHOOO" them off, for ya.... Again, sorry about the loss!

Re: "New" Car - 03/17/08 03:10 PM

whats wrong with the rest?
Posted by: 20gtp02

Re: "New" Car - 03/17/08 03:27 PM

GO diesel and go with the used cooking oil!
If you bring a civic to mod day, You'll be the new BEN!

Re: "New" Car - 03/17/08 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 20gtp02:
GO diesel and go with the used cooking oil!
If you bring a civic to mod day, You'll be the new BEN!
no way dude. im not gonna be coming this year. I think i might be dumping the grand prix entirely. Its getting to the point that im losing interest in the whole thing.Im hoping that this is just a phase right now. I just need something else for now and decide what to do with the grand prix later.

Im really looking into 97ish miata's. I drove one the other day and fell in love with how it drove, and i really want a stick.

But i dont know if i need to buy a matching purse to go along with it. wink
Posted by: '01 GT

Re: "New" Car - 03/17/08 03:51 PM

dont go with diesel...diesel is over $4 a gallon here.....grant it diesel is better on the engine but again guys he wants to SAVE money...lol
Posted by: soulonfire11

Re: "New" Car - 03/17/08 03:55 PM

get a eagle talon TSI, as long as you dont dump the clutch a lot youll have a quick car. you also could find an older camaro, or a LT1 camaro with a bit higher mileage.
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: "New" Car - 03/17/08 04:25 PM

Get a bike.

You can keep the car and get a bike. You can mod the heck out of a bike to keep you mod urges under control.
Posted by: tazfootball2

Re: "New" Car - 03/17/08 05:06 PM

Moped FTW!!! Electric even better!!! lol

Re: "New" Car - 03/17/08 05:13 PM

u all complain about 3.50 a gallon, us Canadians are paying $4.20/gallon right now if you calculate it, and thats only 87 octane, add another 0.15 for 91. Now, our dollar used to be about 78 cents until a recent (5 months?) spike that made it about equal.

AT EQUAL DOLLAR

1 gallon = 3.78 litres
1 gallon = $3.50
1 litre = $1.11
1.11 x 3.78 = $4.20

AT 0.78 CAD to 1 USD

$4.20 x 1.22 = $5.12/gallon

EDIT: and Alberta, Canada is where you get alot of your oil and you still pay less than we do.
Posted by: ThunderBat

Re: "New" Car - 03/17/08 05:14 PM

I know how you feel Ordonez...oddly enough ever since I bought my Sebring I like driving the GP even better. I do still get tired of how much wrenching I've had to do to the car with no more miles that it has on it...WAY more than I ever did to my Intrepid. If you can grab yourself a small, economical "fun car" you might not mind the GP being a "playtoy hot rod"
I call my Sebring my "4 wheel motorcycle" (with built in rain gear)
Honestly, the more I keep looking at that G8 sport truck the closer I'm coming to forking my GP over.
just dont narrow yourself to only an import car, they arent only ones on the planet.
Posted by: 4drgt

Re: "New" Car - 03/17/08 06:00 PM

miatas are great cars but they are kinda slow. unless you put a jackson racing supercharger on top or even a turbo kit, i love miatas i almost got one 2 times but i figured im going to college and i cant carry much stuff in it but they are great cars
Posted by: GP GT GUY

Re: "New" Car - 03/17/08 07:27 PM

definately get a bike... you live in florida so it'll be something for year round... i'm looking at getting a 2004 honda CBR 600... you could get an older 2000ish bike with 15,000 miles and get it under 4K easy...

Re: "New" Car - 03/17/08 07:32 PM

insurance.....
Posted by: 98greenGT

Re: "New" Car - 03/17/08 07:33 PM

I'm confused, are you selling the GP to get another car or are you just getting another car to drive until you have the patience to fix the GP?
Posted by: StreetShaker

Re: "New" Car - 03/17/08 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by soulonfire11:
get a eagle talon TSI, as long as you dont dump the clutch a lot youll have a quick car. you also could find an older camaro, or a LT1 camaro with a bit higher mileage.
i think he is looking to cut costs not buy a money pit
Posted by: ThunderBat

Re: "New" Car - 03/17/08 08:50 PM

you can get some nice used S-10 pickups with either 4 or 6cyl engines for good prices...I have a co-worker who has a 4cyl/5spd he uses for his daily driver getting 30mpg...about what my Sebring gets...30-32hiway.

My Sebring is no rocket but it is fun to drive and doesnt dent my wallet doing it...plus it has a usable back seat and trunk. They did offer 5spd manual on the GTC model...they are scarce but out there.

Re: "New" Car - 03/17/08 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 98greenGT:
I'm confused, are you selling the GP to get another car or are you just getting another car to drive until you have the patience to fix the GP?
eh, im undecided. Im so indifferent towards the GP right now. Im getting another car for the time being until i can fix it, and then i might be selling it.

Im really leaning towards miata's though.
Posted by: brown

Re: "New" Car - 03/17/08 10:38 PM

This doesnt exactly fit into your price range, but I would take a Honda S2000 over a Miata.
Posted by: Dre da GP man

Re: "New" Car - 03/17/08 10:53 PM

Get a VW GTI, I love those cars and its turbo and it has a stick plus you get good gas mileage but its not a roomy as the gp but it a fast little rocket.
Posted by: RooK

Re: "New" Car - 03/17/08 11:13 PM

Get yourself one of the '96~ Preludes. I loved those body styles and they're good fun cars with a 5 speed, with great mileage and reliability.

Honestly, don't get anything Korean or European. Buying broken parts is expensive.

I know how you are though. I bought my Stratus so I could butcher the Grand Prix. It also had to be a stick so I could learn to drive one. I was originally looking for a stick V6 Stang. When that fell through I stumbled on the Stratus and found it was decently quick and sporty. I still have to smack my hands to keep from modding it though, but it's nice not to have to drive a modded car everyday that you have to keep a close eye on.
Posted by: 20gtp02

Re: "New" Car - 03/17/08 11:15 PM

Don't forget the Miata is a coffin on bigger wheels!