possibly moving south!!

Posted by: '01 GT

possibly moving south!! - 11/01/11 05:41 PM

so, thursday at 11am I have a job interview here in Wisconsin for a press operator/supervisor position down in Fort Worth, TX at ID Technologies. If everything goes good and I like the situation with pay and benefits, I will be down in Fort Worth within 2 weeks!! Im pretty excited about this opportunity, unfortunately, if I do get this job, within a month or 2 I will be selling the Monte to pick up either a Dodge Ram 1500 or an F150. I miss my truck far too much and I didnt want to sell it but I had no choice at that time..

Heres to another Wbody/former Wbody guy moving to Texas!! grin
Posted by: r.s.hutchinson

Re: possibly moving south!! - 11/07/11 08:04 PM

How'd it go?

Re: possibly moving south!! - 11/08/11 12:47 PM

well, the job offer is on the table for me to accept. I got the phone call this morning stating that they want me to go down prior to making the decision to accept it, just so i can see the facility, and meet everyone I would be working with. SO, I am going to do that, if everything pans out properly, I will be leaving monday morning at 4, getting there either monday night or sometime Tuesday. Than meeting with my new boss, looking for an apartment and flying home to get my stuff and go back to my new home.
Posted by: ThunderBat

Re: possibly moving south!! - 11/15/11 05:43 AM

Whats the latest on the job relocation story? Everything pan out ok?

Re: possibly moving south!! - 11/15/11 06:07 PM

they offered me $15.50/hr and I am still undecided on the move. i came back at them saying I want $18/hr, they came back saying no, so i went and did some calculations and if i take the $15/hr, I would break even every single month, with barely any money to spare, so i dont know what I want to do. im sure you saw my posts on facebook, Tim.
Posted by: ThunderBat

Re: possibly moving south!! - 11/16/11 06:43 AM

I did see some of them but honestly didnt read very closely. Anytime a relocation is factored in the cost of things in a new area can be unknown, so if youre making better than what they offered now you might be well to stay put. My step-daughter is facing similar issues.

Re: possibly moving south!! - 11/20/11 02:33 PM

well, im now down in fort worth with the monte! texas people, lets meet up!!

Re: possibly moving south!! - 11/24/11 10:31 PM

well, the job is mine. I will be staying in Benbrook, moving down the end of december, job starts january 3rd.
Posted by: 20gtp02

Re: possibly moving south!! - 11/25/11 08:37 AM

There's people I know can't get a $7.50 hr job right now.
$15 is more than I am making per hr and I bet I'm busting my @$$.

Don't let the cops harass you.