Thought this bit the dust..

Posted by: r.s.hutchinson

Thought this bit the dust.. - 10/16/14 07:46 AM

wow, I remember trying to check this forum out a while back and it was down. Figured it was gone for good.

Just checking in. No Grand Prix's any more. Good to see some people are still here I remember.
Posted by: Richard Candelario

Re: Thought this bit the dust.. - 11/15/14 10:03 AM

Howdy, Hutch. The site keeps going between available and not. Bummer that you lost your GPs. I still have both the GP and the Camaro.
Posted by: 3gpguyandcounting

Re: Thought this bit the dust.. - 11/20/14 09:32 PM

Hello everyone. Just checking in. About who still owns Pontiac Grand Prix's, I currently own 4 (2 are 2001 models, 2 are 2002 models)
I previously own 2 others ('97 and '01) Both of these rusted out and I had to retire them.
Happy driving.
Posted by: ThunderBat

Re: Thought this bit the dust.. - 01/26/15 04:57 PM

I am amazed to see this site still up and running...most everyone I know has moved on but great to see the old place still here.

Re: Thought this bit the dust.. - 01/31/15 08:18 PM

yeah, ya know...I almost feel like the janitor that hasn't been told the theatre is about to be demolished. The only thing left here are the memories of a once-great site and community and the echoes of one-gallon engines howling in the night.
Posted by: zuulmusic

Re: Thought this bit the dust.. - 05/16/15 12:40 PM

So.... who out of the original daily forum crew still has their GPs? Mine is still in the family, chugging along nicely, only rust related repairs.

Re: Thought this bit the dust.. - 05/16/15 10:14 PM

mine is around 217kmi now. I have a bit of an issue with the fbod brakes. the disc is grinding on the caliper during any left turn. I'm sure I need to do a seafoam treatment to the vacuum lines and replace the valve train. with luck, I'll be able to afford the L26 UIM, N* TB, LQ7(?) MAF, and HV3 this year. the RWD L36 is doing well enough, I can't really complain too much with that 212kmi, other than it keeps breaking stuff like the pegleg diff, torque arm, tranny mounts, drive shafts...nothing major LOL.
Posted by: snowcrash

Re: Thought this bit the dust.. - 05/31/15 11:05 PM

Ours is around 236,000 miles I think still chugging along also. It's not the prettiest thing out there and has a salvaged title but it will still haul ass if you ask it to! Somebody ran in the back of my dad on the interstate with no insurance a while back and they pretty much just totaled it, he got it back and they sent him a check also. Has some rear end damage nothing bad, bumper is messed up and the taillight is cracked and only has one mount holding it in but it still goes and is his daily driver.

I know it has been a long time since these were made but I'm surprised there still a demand for help or questions on these cars since there still is a lot out there!
Posted by: 20gtp02

Re: Thought this bit the dust.. - 03/08/16 07:32 PM

Hey anyone around.....I still have the GP. Going on nearly 12 years. I also have a 2011 sonata 2.0T and a 2002 silverado 1500 5.3l
Posted by: Blackarrow98GP

Re: Thought this bit the dust.. - 03/14/16 11:42 AM

I still have my GP, brought it home on St. Patrick's day in 2004. So almost 12 years for me, and it's still going strong!
Posted by: Baby Grand

Re: Thought this bit the dust.. - 06/17/16 12:43 PM

I pulled mine out of the garage for the first time in 4 years this spring. It's not worth anything anymore, only sentimental value left. I thought I'd check out the old site that I used to get so much info from back in the day. Not a lot going on, but nice to see some of the old guys checking in now and again.
Posted by: snowcrash

Re: Thought this bit the dust.. - 09/10/16 09:51 PM

We still have ours for now! We replaced the tie rod ends and it's a different beast now, drives so much better! Just need to figure out where the Freon leak is if I ever get time..