Rear suspension issue

Posted by: PontiacPhil

Rear suspension issue - 12/13/06 08:48 AM

I just bought a 2007 GXP 2 weeks ago after trading in my 2004 GTO. I love this car so far. I have a question though. Ever since the first day I've had this car, everytime I go over a speed bump or turn into a tilted drive way, the rear shocks or something is making a noise, like a banging noise. Is this just due to the Bilstein shocks? Does anyone else have this issue?
Posted by: Dre da GP man

Re: Rear suspension issue - 12/13/06 10:28 PM

Well this is going to sound stupid but I had the same problem to where I had a sound everytime I go over a bump. First off I don't have a GXP but I found out that it was my plastic case for the ONSTAR wires that it covers that makes the noise when I hit a speed bump, then I move that plastic case with my hand and it had the same noise. Problem solved but not fixed yet.

I dont know if you have onstar or not but I was just hoping this was a help to you but let me know if this was the problem or not.
Posted by: PontiacPhil

Re: Rear suspension issue - 12/14/06 08:17 AM

Yes I have onstar. Is this case you are talking about somewhere in the rear of the car close to the suspension?
Posted by: Kansas GXP

Re: Rear suspension issue - 12/18/06 01:06 PM

The '07 GXP doesn't have an actual box for the onStar stuff like the older GP's did. (Atleast mine doesn't). Maybe check that the back seats are latched properly as well, just a thought...