Expected True Mileage

Posted by: Gumby1800

Expected True Mileage - 10/01/07 02:50 PM

I'll be picking up a 2006 GXP later this week.

What MPG can I expect with the D.O.D. V8 if I don't have an overly heavy foot?

In-Town?
Highway?
Combined?

The only modification currently is a K&N Air Filter.

Your responses would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Posted by: Gumby1800

Re: Expected True Mileage - 10/12/07 08:18 AM

O.K....Apparently not too many GXP owners care about mileage (or, perhaps there are just not many members of this forum).

How about water infiltration in the roof? After the last rain I thought that I heard what sounded like water sloshing in the roof cavity in front of the sun roof. After making a sharp turn or two the sound went away or the water must have drained away. Should this concern me?
Posted by: seanmckean

Re: Expected True Mileage - 12/02/07 02:46 PM

Well, I just got my car, and on the first tank I averaged 18.5 hand calc, 19.5 on the DIC. I am hoping to average more than 20 but now that we are on winter gas, I am not sure if that will happen. We will see.
Posted by: Fly_GXP

Re: Expected True Mileage - 12/04/07 04:12 PM

I've had my 2007 since August, and am averaging 15.5 to 16.9 L/100kms, but that is with some heavy foot driving, and mostly in town (avg speed on the DIC is only 32km.h, Highway driving the car does MUCH better
Posted by: seanmckean

Re: Expected True Mileage - 12/09/07 07:31 PM

Hard to keep a light foot with this car. Plus we are on the winter blend for gas now so that will knock it down a few mpg.
Posted by: JFHGHS

Re: Expected True Mileage - 01/19/11 01:09 PM

I have had my '08 since August of 2009 and I have a lifetime average of 20 mpg. I do alot of highway driving.