Welcome to the G8 section

Posted by: Redshift

Welcome to the G8 section - 08/15/08 02:03 PM

Pontiac has moved on, and so shall we. Now we have included G8 in our discussion forums. Grab a chair, a big cup of juice, soda, coffee, or tea, and discuss! cheers
Posted by: ifitwasnt4u

Re: Welcome to the G8 section - 08/15/08 04:24 PM

I want to be able to join this new section as a full timer...... Some day, Some day.

Re: Welcome to the G8 section - 08/15/08 04:27 PM

It's perfectly fine to be a "virtual owner" if you want smile
Posted by: quark_man

Re: Welcome to the G8 section - 08/15/08 10:29 PM

I did a severe case of drooling while walking a couple of weeks ago by the Pontiac dealership. I think this is fantastic looking car. Everything was sweet. I think the rear seat is finally fixed and the space is plenty. I need to get a test ride.
Posted by: quark_man

Re: Welcome to the G8 section - 08/15/08 10:29 PM

PS.
Brian, I am definitely a virtual owner!
Posted by: '01 GT

Re: Welcome to the G8 section - 08/16/08 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by quark_man:
I am definitely a virtual owner!
x3486386472 lol
Posted by: BoostenGTP

Re: Welcome to the G8 section - 08/16/08 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by '01 GT:
Quote:
Originally posted by quark_man:
[b] I am definitely a virtual owner!
x3486386472 lol [/b]
x1000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 lol
Posted by: Acefighter

Re: Welcome to the G8 section - 08/16/08 01:56 AM

I finally saw one driving around town today...if only I hadn't been heading the opposite way.
Posted by: brown

Re: Welcome to the G8 section - 08/16/08 04:39 AM

So this is the illusive brian that people have been talking about all these years. Where have you been?
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: Welcome to the G8 section - 08/16/08 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by brown:
So this is the illusive brian that people have been talking about all these years.
yes, yes it is.

Im gonna be a virtual owner, too.

Re: Welcome to the G8 section - 08/16/08 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by brown:
So this is the illusive brian that people have been talking about all these years. Where have you been?
Mostly busy helping run PFYC. Don't even get a lot of time to post on the boards where I have the same car any more. I traded my '97 GTP back in Feb. of 2000. I'm always around if you guys need me or have any comments or suggestions. I appreciate everyone's participation on the site and am glad we could have it running so many years without having to allow annoying advertising on the board.
Posted by: Richard Candelario

Re: Welcome to the G8 section - 08/16/08 11:50 AM

Well, lookie there! It's Brian! Back from the dead! lol, jk. No, we dont know each other, but it's still good to see you sorta back.

Geeze, yall, I leave for a few months, and yall change the whole layout! Thought I had stumbled on a copy-cat site or something.

Still not sure where I stand on getting a G8 GT, but I do know that, depending on what happens with my 'Bird, I'm prolly gonna suck up the insurance sky-rocket and buy one anyway. BTW: Who else has test driven a G8?

Here I go instigating: To all those that are blown out there: notice that the GT has survived through the re-badge/re-model and the GTP hasnt? HA! NA FTMFW!!!

And now, the midget melds back into obscurity...
Posted by: TastyBake

Re: Welcome to the G8 section - 08/16/08 04:58 PM

I can't wait for G8 owners to get in. I want to get some real world feedback on driving it, mpg, etc on the V8 engine.
Posted by: Chico

Re: Welcome to the G8 section - 08/17/08 11:46 PM

Well I do'nt plan on buying a G8 but I do own an 04 GTO so this is as close as I'll get since there is no participation in the GTO part.Chico(pops)

Re: Welcome to the G8 section - 08/17/08 11:56 PM

Why an 04, chico? I'd rather get the 6.0L 05 or 06 with 50 extra hp. lol
Posted by: framos242

Re: Welcome to the G8 section - 08/20/08 01:43 PM

I want a G8 GXP.

Glad to see you around Brian.

Ace, don't worry about the extra 50 HP. Chico will make it up one way or another.

Re: Welcome to the G8 section - 08/20/08 03:56 PM

That's true. lol
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: Welcome to the G8 section - 08/21/08 11:49 AM

In a few years the 04 will be "more" desirable because it was the first year the GTO was back.
Posted by: Chico

Re: Welcome to the G8 section - 08/22/08 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Acefighter:
Why an 04, chico? I'd rather get the 6.0L 05 or 06 with 50 extra hp. lol
It was a deal that came along I picked the 04 up from an old couple that only put 5000 miles on it besides the Ls1 is a proven performer wereas the LS2 is plauged by problems and for the extra "50"hp the 05 is hardly any quicker .Chico(pops)
Posted by: northtnguy

Re: Welcome to the G8 section - 08/26/08 06:00 PM

Some day ..... I bought the '98 GTP used then drove it six years, then got the '05 Comp G. I guess that would put me in the G8 in 2012?? I don't see me getting anything else until '10 or '12. But that G8 sure would be nice sitting in the driveway right now!

Don
Posted by: Richard Candelario

Re: Welcome to the G8 section - 08/26/08 10:34 PM

I agree. Then again, right about now, ALMOST anything is nicer than this ^&$%O(%# Bird.
Posted by: ThunderBat

Re: Welcome to the G8 section - 09/01/08 08:02 PM

Since your busy at PFYC Brian I would hope you guys will find some suppliers for the G8...one of the things I love so much about my GP is the plentiful aftermarket support the car has. I've found where there is good aftermarket,there will always be people involved in modding and maintaining their cars...and that knowledge goes a long way to helping each other out.

The G8 seems like prime candidate for this kind of thing even though all the model I've looked at so far appear to come fairly nicely equipped...but that was true of the GP and that didnt stop the mod-happy crowd.
I know how ugly the flip side of this can be because my Sebring convertible has zero aftermarket help and info between owners is scarce because of it.

I personally hated to see the GP be discontinued but like you said, Pontiac has moved on. I hope the G8 enjoys the same kind of success and reputation of being as great a car as the GP has been.
(for starters how about a rear decklid spoiler with a little more attitude...something akin to the Inferno Pkg would be hot on the G8)

Good to know youre still checking in on us thumbsup

Re: Welcome to the G8 section - 09/01/08 10:17 PM

We're hoping to get more and more parts listed as they become available.
Posted by: Frank Schon

Re: Welcome to the G8 section - 10/09/08 05:22 PM

I test drove a G8 GT a few weeks ago and it's a sick car. I don't know when i will be able to get one but the G8 will be my next car for sure
Posted by: Doug in CT

Re: Welcome to the G8 section - 10/24/08 10:59 AM

Seems that the G8 is already dead (see the other G8 topic). To be honest, the G8 would have to be 8-10 years old before I could ever aford it.
IMHO, the people that are buying the G8 probably won't be showing up on these boards in large numbers. It's similar to when the wife and I cruise in our '76 L-82 Vette. All the old vette drivers give you a wave. The people in the newest vettes don't even glance at us. Enthusiasts usually don't have the cars they are most excited about.