Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#100368 - 11/06/08 07:41 PM How are the 2002s holding up??
Pontiac Dude Offline
Loc: Indiana
Well after 52,000 miles on my Pontiac Grand Prix
Gt reg.3800. Ive had 2 problems a needed a resistor replace on the heater fan. I also needed
a window switch replaced on the passenger side.
These must be GM weak links, faulty power windows
and heating/ air fan problems. How are your
2002s holding up? Ive probably spend 250.00
getting these things fixed. I shouldnt have these
problems on a 6 year old car with 50k miles.
How come the Honda Accords dont have these problems?
#100369 - 11/06/08 07:47 PM Re: How are the 2002s holding up??
00grandprixgt Offline
Loc: Wall Lake Iowa
lol ill take a few problems on my gp then drive a honda anyday that has no problems

I HATE IMPORTS!!!

-98 GTP DAYTONA 752/1500
-Intake
-CCG grills
-HID
-Tint
-1 12" Pioneer Premier
soon to come: projectors,exhaust work, 3.4 setup.
#100370 - 11/06/08 07:49 PM Re: How are the 2002s holding up??
Richard Candelario Offline
cant say much about the 02 GT. I can, however, talk about my 2000 GT. At 150,xxx miles, my car couldnt be more solid. I do have a window issue, though. My driver's window will not roll down when ambient is warm, but will work just fine when ambient drops to below 85*.

Why do Accords not have these issues? I dunno. Maybe becuase their owners treat those cars with the delicateness that they require? I couldnt answer that. I do know one thing for sure: you'd know I was in hard times when I had to resort to buying an import. Those things are simply not the tanks that American cars tend to be.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#100371 - 11/06/08 07:55 PM Re: How are the 2002s holding up??
Doug in CT Offline
Loc: CT, USA
It's all part of GM's plan to re-enact "Christine" on a large scale. The door locks were supposed to break in the locked position as well. I guess they messed that one up. Don't even joke about driving a Honda. Not out loud anyway. Your GP is programmed to smack you with the airbag.
#100372 - 11/06/08 07:57 PM Re: How are the 2002s holding up??
BoostenGTP Offline
Loc: Michigan
My 02 GTP never gave me one problem. Except when i did excesive mods and tunning was off a little. BUT all stock never had a single problem. but then again only had 23k on the clock when i sold it.
#100373 - 11/06/08 08:27 PM Re: How are the 2002s holding up??
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
2 small problems... and your complaining?
#100374 - 11/06/08 08:45 PM Re: How are the 2002s holding up??
jaybur Offline
Loc: Ashland Oregon
I have owned 3 GT's now on 1 had the window switch issue, neither had the heater fan issue.

I have also owned several hondas. I am really not sure why people bash them on here. they do just what they are supposed to do, provide economy city and highway, and reliability. (maybe they get a bad rep from getting riced out... mine were all stock)

Every car has its weak points, and there is not a car on the road that will NEVER be problem-less. (some more problems than others of course)

I also currently own a 99 4runner, I can't give you 1 complaint about it.

if you hate imports just because they are "imports" then its like hating a mustang because its a "ford" .

many auto makers have great cars out foreign and domestic.

just my 2 cents, all I had was a nickel, anyone have 3 cents on them?

1994 Honda civic CX hatchback (BIG MPG) STAYING STOCK
*******1999 GT SOLD*****
#100375 - 11/06/08 08:49 PM Re: How are the 2002s holding up??
ChrisGT Offline
Loc: Cranston, RI
Quote:
Originally posted by ordonez1307:
2 small problems... and your complaining?
hahahahaha X2

04 GTO M6 | HE SS Clutch | Kooks LT's | SLP LM2 | K&N
Soon: APS TT kit wink

SOLD \/
01 GT | STr5 cam | PT-67 | 18-22psi

#100376 - 11/06/08 08:52 PM Re: How are the 2002s holding up??
BoostenGTP Offline
Loc: Michigan
Quote:
Originally posted by jaybur:
I have owned 3 GT's now on 1 had the window switch issue, neither had the heater fan issue.

I have also owned several hondas. I am really not sure why people bash them on here. they do just what they are supposed to do, provide economy city and highway, and reliability. (maybe they get a bad rep from getting riced out... mine were all stock)

Every car has its weak points, and there is not a car on the road that will NEVER be problem-less. (some more problems than others of course)

I also currently own a 99 4runner, I can't give you 1 complaint about it.

if you hate imports just because they are "imports" then its like hating a mustang because its a "ford" .

many auto makers have great cars out foreign and domestic.

just my 2 cents, all I had was a nickel, anyone have 3 cents on them?
we dont bash STOCK honda's, only the riced out junk like you said
#100377 - 11/06/08 09:29 PM Re: How are the 2002s holding up??
CB9050 Offline
Loc: Holyoke, MA
I've had a fair amount of problems with my 2001 GTP. I bought the car with 42,000 miles on the clock from the original owner. Shortly after I bought it, the cruise control stopped working. I never fixed it because I hardly use CC. Then the heater resistor broke, followed by the heated seat. Since then I have replaced both front wheel bearings (the driver's side one TWICE, and both outter tie rods. Earlier this year I hit a HUGE pot hole at a fast speed and snapped my front driver side axle, destroying both control arm bushings. The transmission was also leaking at the axle seal. And, most recently my stock supercharger failed on me. It started making a loud noise while driving which I originally thought was the coupler. Turns out it was the bearings in the blower itself... Other than that my car has been fine... 65K on the clock... Motor has always run perfect, car handles well, brakes are great, and transmission has been fine. And most importantly.. My A/C blows ice cold wink

Near future: Gen V, N*, XP, and all supporting mods...
#100378 - 11/06/08 10:01 PM Re: How are the 2002s holding up??
Pontiac Dude Offline
Loc: Indiana
I like my Pontiac its just a little annoying to
have problems at 50k miles.
#100379 - 11/06/08 10:42 PM Re: How are the 2002s holding up??
Zalfrin Offline
Loc: Iowa City, IA
$250 is nothing, wtf...
#100380 - 11/06/08 10:52 PM Re: How are the 2002s holding up??
Dre da GP man Offline
Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
My 2002 gp has 182,000 miles and I've only had to replace the cat, and the LIM gasket and radiator. I've own the car since december of 2004 and thats the only problems I've had. The total amount was 700-800 dollars, the cat was replaced under warranty by the dealership and blower motor resistor was 21 dollars at autozone and replace that myself.

I was never into hondas or toyotas just because I wanted something different, thats all I see is hondas and toyotas.

250 dollars is nothing really.
#100381 - 11/06/08 11:36 PM Re: How are the 2002s holding up??
ChrisGT Offline
Loc: Cranston, RI
Quote:
Originally posted by Pontiac Dude:

Roflmfao lol lol lol I love that you said that. Now if you like I could go into a whole rant explaining and comparing 6 year old Honda's vs 6 year old Pontiac's, specifically Grand Prix's. However I would rather not. I guess I am expecting to much of certain car owners to do any sort of research. Im guessing you said your previous statement because you are comparing your Grand Prix to Honda's that either you have or do own, or that someone else you know owns. If you are just making that statement because of what you believe to be true well then that is just plain ignorance. You can't just pick a car company and say "why doesn't this happen to them" because I hate to burst your "Honduh" bubble but guess what it does. Now I'm not going say Grand Prix's are bullet proof because they have some flaws but they do not all have to do with design and the company. Common wear and tear or depending on you location, usage, and just a part dieing are not reasons to count out the car and whine about it.

04 GTO M6 | HE SS Clutch | Kooks LT's | SLP LM2 | K&N
Soon: APS TT kit wink

SOLD \/
01 GT | STr5 cam | PT-67 | 18-22psi

#100382 - 11/06/08 11:53 PM Re: How are the 2002s holding up??
MAC GTP Offline
Loc: Willow Grove,PA
Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisGT:
Quote:
Originally posted by Pontiac Dude:
[b]
Roflmfao lol lol lol I love that you said that. Now if you like I could go into a whole rant explaining and comparing 6 year old Honda's vs 6 year old Pontiac's, specifically Grand Prix's. However I would rather not. I guess I am expecting to much of certain car owners to do any sort of research. Im guessing you said your previous statement because you are comparing your Grand Prix to Honda's that either you have or do own, or that someone else you know owns. If you are just making that statement because of what you believe to be true well then that is just plain ignorance. You can't just pick a car company and say that why doesn't this happen to them because guess what I hate to burst your "Honduh" bubble but guess what it does. Now I'm not going say Grand Prix's are bullet proof because they have some flaws but they do not all have to do with design and the company. Common wear and tear or depending on you location, usage, and just a part dieing are not reasons to count out the car and whine about it. [/b]
and................ wait for it...........

OWNED!!!!!!!!!!

JK bro but i have a 2002 and it has had only one prob that was the CARS fault not mine hahaha and it that the car is a 4 door hahaha

and my grandfather has a 1996 gtp that has no shit 302,000 miles on it and only had to fix the power steering on it other than regular talking care of it stuff. and he dosent drive like an old man he used to drag when he was a kid and he drives more crazy than i do hahaha