Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#101129 - 02/21/08 12:17 PM need an answer ASAP
theone2043 Offline
Loc: Pocono, PA
i had an apt set today at 8am at the stealership to have my abs light scanned again. first off since i fixed what they said was wrong the last time, should i have to pay for it to be scanned again? secondly its now 12:13pm the car is in the same spot i left it in this morning and i need the car by 1:30. they said that it will be done shortly, how the car is in the parking lot? do i have an obligation to pay now? i had an apt set for a reason nothing should take its slot. any one with in sight please respond...
#101130 - 02/21/08 12:53 PM Re: need an answer ASAP
jlindahl2571 Offline
Loc: Massachusetts
I'm not sure but I think the light comes on when you need brake fluid too. Just a thought.
#101131 - 02/21/08 12:54 PM Re: need an answer ASAP
Richard Candelario Offline
1) Yep. You gotta pay again since they didnt fix the problem, they arent liable for any continuing issues

2) they might give an estimate of when the car will be done, but that doesnt GUARANTEE anything.

3) Yep, you are still obligated to pay for services performed. IF the car hasnt had anything done to it, you are not required to pay for anything.

If the car has an appointment, that SHOULD mean that you would be the priority. Otherwise, I cant give any advice. Good luck, Alex. Keep us up to date.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#101132 - 02/21/08 01:05 PM Re: need an answer ASAP
r.s.hutchinson Offline
Loc: Ontario, Canada
rich is right, if they haven't done anything, you don't pay for it. An appt is an appt, they should have got to it with a reasonable amount of time, 4 hours is more than enough time. Just go in kicking and screaming, you'll get what you want then.
#101133 - 02/21/08 02:50 PM Re: need an answer ASAP
RooK Offline
Loc: Southern KY
Appointments are a place in line, not an actual time (despite what they say). Anyone with an appointment, whether it be a doctor, dentist, or lawyer should know that. If people are ahead of you, they get taken care of first. As with cars, things usually creep up that take more time than anticipated.

I don't know why you should have to wait for an ABS scan anyway. All they do is run a cord to the OBDII and scan the vehicle. Five minutes of work for what? $60?
#101134 - 02/21/08 03:50 PM Re: need an answer ASAP
theone2043 Offline
Loc: Pocono, PA
yea tell me about it... well update on the story is, i got there they said it was throwing 8 or so codes and they didnt know what is going on they were online searching for the answer, they told me it could be a senor or some sort of wiring issues, in the back of my head im laughing and getting pissed off, i walked away to talk to my friend to tell her i was hungry, and i had her go back and tell them we'll be back. about 45 min later we go back the rep wasnt there but the slip with my keys was. it stated that 2 codes came up immediately for the lr hub, im thinking what happened with the other 6 and they charged me 63 dollars. oh and as im singing the slip there was a sign with the manager number so i glady wrote that number down