Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#101135 - 11/24/02 04:47 PM Rear Speakers and Trunk Release
L. Clarke Offline
Loc: Stirling, NJ
Hi! I just bought a '99 GP SE to replace my much-loved Olds Cutlass that I'd put 175K miles on. So far, I am really happy this new car! I do have a question, though, and please bear with me since I don't know much about car innards.

My back speakers don't work at all - no sound. And the button inside the glove compartment that is supposed to pop the trunk also does nothing. I'm wondering, since both of these things trace back to the trunk, could there be a place where wires controlling these two functions come to together? And maybe it's just not plugged in?

If it's something as simple as that, I think I can handle plugging a connector back in and save myself a 1/2-hour trip to the dealer.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks!
#101136 - 11/26/02 12:05 AM Re: Rear Speakers and Trunk Release
crimpton Offline
Loc: Portland Or.
Hello,
The speakers may be something as simple as the "fader dial" on your radio.
If the fader is not the cure, there are too many places to start.
Loose connections
Cut wires
Disconnects
Have you checked the connections in the trunk?
Sounds like there was possibly an amp installed at one time, and they took it out to sell the car. Just an idea. I don't know if the trunk release has constant power going to it or not, but if it does, that's where the Amp would be powered from, and the speakers may have not been hooked back up.
Hopefully someone can chime in w/ a cure, but I've not seen this come up before.
Later now,

http://pdxcgp.com
#101137 - 12/10/02 09:14 AM Re: Rear Speakers and Trunk Release
L. Clarke Offline
Loc: Stirling, NJ
Thanks for the reply, Clint. Tha fader dial was the first thing I tried. I guess I'll have to call thedealer and have them check it out when I pick up my plates.

Thanks!
Lisa