Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#101670 - 11/24/08 12:30 PM Fuel Pressure Electrical Gauge
tcraft Offline
Loc: jackson michigan
Hi I have another question, I bought a Autometer fuel pressure phantom electrical gauge, and am having a hard time coming up with the correct fittiings to attach to the fuel rail, has anyone installed one that has some light on this subject, not really sure if I am going at this correctly. Thanks again, for any information.......
#101671 - 11/24/08 09:46 PM Re: Fuel Pressure Electrical Gauge
crimpton Offline
Loc: Portland Or.
I had a shop make a SS hose for me with a 90* bend on the end to mate to the schrader valve. This allowed me to mount the sending unit behind the motor out of sight for the most part.
IIRC the schrader valve is 1/4" "flared". You have to remove the pintle. It's exactly like a tire stem valve. The inlet on the sender should be 1/8"NPT.
My suggestion would be to take the cap off the schrader valve along with the sending unit and take them to your local hardware store to find the right parts. It won't be pretty, but you should find something that makes it work. If you want to keep it looking pretty and/or want to use your engine cover, find a shop that can make a hose with the proper ends on it.

http://pdxcgp.com