Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#102912 - 09/04/07 11:41 AM Help with twin turbo's
Don Smith Offline
Loc: Warrensburg, Missouri
Ok, I have a completely stock 3800 right now. I purchased a cold air intake but i haven't put it in yet. I wanted to twin turbo the engine but i'm not exactly sure as to what all i need to do such as the parts needed to twin turbo it and additional parts i may need to make sure i don't blow my engine up. Any help would be appreciated. You can email me or pm me or whatever. Thanks a lot guys
#102913 - 09/04/07 11:51 AM Re: Help with twin turbo's
ILGTP Offline
Loc: Montgomery, Il
lets see...
2 Turbos
2 Turbo Mani's
All the oil lines
2 Wastegates
Blow off valve
all the charge piping
exhaust
PCM
Tune
BUILT TRANNY!
Intercooler
Wide-band A/F gauge
Boost Gauge
Boost Controller
im sure i probably missing something... but for the most part there you have it.
1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - 3.2 S/C pulley, DHP v1.0, Short Ram, 180 T-stat, 2.5 Cat back, PEM's, U-bend delete, Res. delete, Autolite 104's, Sprint Springs, RAT swaybars, GMPP trailing arms, GMPP Strut Tower Brace, Debadged, Powdercoated black torquestars, SD Hood.

www.thechicagogarage.org
www.ilgpc.com
#102914 - 09/04/07 11:54 AM Re: Help with twin turbo's
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
twin turbo? wow, you dont beat around the bush when it comes to modding.

Seriously, just go turbo, 2 turbos is more work and know how then you really are ready to tackle. We only have 1 twin turbo car, and it is a very sponsored car.

Just get a turbo setup from ZZP.

but if you really have the $ (probably at least 8-9k) and the know how, i would think you have to contact ZZPerformance directly in order to do it
#102915 - 09/04/07 11:57 AM Re: Help with twin turbo's
drummerboy1307 Offline
Loc: Groton, CT
where are you from in MO? I'm near Kansas City.

Just order the single turbo kit from ZZP. No one really makes parts for a twin turbo so it would cost a fortune.

You can easily be in the 11's with just a single turbo

'97 SE with alot of mods
#102916 - 09/04/07 01:13 PM Re: Help with twin turbo's
brown Offline
Loc: Belleville, MI
A twin turbo GP would be awesome. Not sure how much traction you'd get.
#102917 - 09/04/07 02:05 PM Re: Help with twin turbo's
zuulmusic Offline
Loc: Cleveland, OH
Email ZZP and they will guide you (as long as you're buying parts from them, hah) or even design and install it. I'm guessing if you can afford TT, you should be able to afford to do it properly and with their guidance.
#102918 - 09/04/07 03:20 PM Re: Help with twin turbo's
Don Smith Offline
Loc: Warrensburg, Missouri
Well the money isn't that big of a problem because i'm a student and i'll just apply for more financial aid then i actually need. I want at least a ten second car. I guess I could just put in 1 turbo but i really want to twin it. And yeah i live about thirty miles east of kansas city.
#102919 - 09/04/07 04:41 PM Re: Help with twin turbo's
lonezergling Offline
Loc: Waterford, WI
Wow, applying for extra financil aid to pay for a car. I'm sorry but I find that more appauling than your lack of proper engine knowledge.

People like you disgust me.

Please mod this post if you need to guys. I just need yo say it.

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/venomman/
"If you are asking if you can do it, you can't. When you have learned enough to know that you can do it, you are able to." -me
#102920 - 09/04/07 04:41 PM Re: Help with twin turbo's
D Bold Offline
Loc: Warwick, RI
yea like they said look at zzp's turbo kit, they have a few stages to choose from. They will have you running real fast with real good power. Please make sure you attack the tranny first tho, I barely finished my idea of a turbo before mine crapped the bed (its in the shop as we speak). Its a set back but once i get back on my feet I'm going for the zzp turbo setup ona rebuilt tranny.
Search thru the forums for the supercharger v. turbo thread you'll find it in there.
#102921 - 09/04/07 05:28 PM Re: Help with twin turbo's
Kev-GTP Offline
Loc: Dallas, Tx
Quote:
Originally posted by lonezergling:
Wow, applying for extra financil aid to pay for a car. I'm sorry but I find that more appauling than your lack of proper engine knowledge.
x2 dude I can't believe you just said that.
#102922 - 09/04/07 05:47 PM Re: Help with twin turbo's
RooK Offline
Loc: Southern KY
Quote:
Originally posted by lonezergling:

People like you disgust me.

Please mod this post if you need to guys. I just need yo say it.
Why? It's a loan he has to pay back, with interest. It's not like it's free.
#102923 - 09/04/07 05:52 PM Re: Help with twin turbo's
Arcxnus Offline
Loc: Texas
That financial aid won't last long enough to help pay for all the upkeep on a TT setup, plus all the things you will break as long as you have that car.

Hope you have an alternate means of funding, because that's a huge undertaking, both in manpower and in money.
#102924 - 09/04/07 05:53 PM Re: Help with twin turbo's
lonezergling Offline
Loc: Waterford, WI
It's money for people going to school that can't afford it on their own. You know, the kind of people with poor parents but big dreams?

That money is their for people that need it, NOT people who want it for personal gain.

You want extra money, get a loan. Financial aid isn't for toys, it's for school.

I never applied for financial aid. Why? Because I am fully capable of holding a job and making enough money to pay for myself. I left that money to people like my friends who come from poor families and are smart enough to do anything.

I'm sorry but if there is anything that sets me off it's people who take advantage of programs designed to help the needy. Like unemployment.

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/venomman/
"If you are asking if you can do it, you can't. When you have learned enough to know that you can do it, you are able to." -me
#102925 - 09/04/07 07:11 PM Re: Help with twin turbo's
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Teenagers with bigger dreams than knowledge and money. Many of teenagers have come on here (and CGP) and posted outrageous plans for their car when they have no money in their pockets, although I must say yours has got to be the most outrageous of them all.

What kind of mechanical knowledge do you have to install a twin turbo set up?

I would highly suggest that you take baby steps, young grasshopper.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#102926 - 09/04/07 07:17 PM Re: Help with twin turbo's
20gtp02 Offline
I've used my financial aid to pay bills, do some modding, and things like that, but I worked to pay for other things. I now have to pay back that, and I wish some of the dumb things I spent it on, I didn't. I got 75% paid for for being a good high school student. Couple scholarships here and there, nothing much. So try try try not to use that money for dumb things, use it for living expenses, or put it into something that makes you interest, more than the interest it costs for the loan. I know a few years ago they did'nt have much to keep you from spending the money on anything, but now many schools make you pay first then they will reimburse you for what you spent on books, school, housing.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >