Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#102942 - 09/04/07 10:55 PM Re: Help with twin turbo's
Kev-GTP Offline
Loc: Dallas, Tx
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Smith:
What mods would you suggest to go with it?
Quote:
Originally posted by Kev-GTP

List of stuff you are going to need to take a GP to the 10's (lol) :

L36 shortblock
diamond pistons
stage 4 heads
huge cam
BIG turbo
headers to an open exhaust
maybe a 200 shot of spray
also about a 5k tranny, if not more expensive.
and TONS of little stuff to get it to run right.
#102943 - 09/04/07 10:57 PM Re: Help with twin turbo's
2phast Offline
Loc: New York
......best bet for a 10 second car..........sell the gp and buy 1
K&N cold air intake
lowerd
FAST
#102944 - 09/05/07 10:54 AM Re: Help with twin turbo's
Don Smith Offline
Loc: Warrensburg, Missouri
Alright guys thanks for everyone who helped. I'll see what happens and keep it posted. Once I get the turbo i'll post pics. If you have any other suggestions feel free to post up. The only problem is figuring what turbo to get because with the kit there are like 3 different ones.
#102945 - 09/05/07 04:30 PM Re: Help with twin turbo's
lonezergling Offline
Loc: Waterford, WI
Ok. So here is a small list of what is done to ZZPs 9 second drag car that has been COMPLETELY stripped down.

http://www.clubgp.com/cgi-asp/detail.asp?intownerid=11825

And here is a compilation of parts you will need to support that TT build. Mind you, I didn't include any gaskets, or a race tranny, and the actual turbo set-up will probably be 1-2k more than that set-up in the list. Also didn't grab suspension stuff, slicks and wheels, and I'm sure a bunch of other things.

EDIT: I forgot forged pistons, rods, and crank, along with a better balancer.

Oh, and the CAI you bought? You won't need it anymore, because the intake will be rplaced by the turbo charge pipes.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/venomman/page1.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/venomman/page2.jpg

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/venomman/
"If you are asking if you can do it, you can't. When you have learned enough to know that you can do it, you are able to." -me
#102946 - 09/05/07 04:39 PM Re: Help with twin turbo's
lonezergling Offline
I enjoy my car every time I get in and turn that beast over.

And I personally, am going to GLD for like the 7th time this season to hopefully break into the 13s.

"If you are asking if you can do it, you can't. When you have learned enough to know that you can do it, you are able to." -me
#102947 - 09/05/07 05:48 PM Re: Help with twin turbo's
SlickGTP Offline
Loc: Houston, TX
I'd like the idea of a twin turbo'ed gp... Be fun as hell to drive if you could get it working correctly. cool

Kinda sorta, yeah, no?

'02 Black GTP - RIP 03/03/08 ||| '06 Black G35 MT6 - Stock ||| '73 Chevy half ton(resurrected)
#102948 - 09/05/07 05:55 PM Re: Help with twin turbo's
lonezergling Offline
Gotta wonder about the drivablility of a TT GP though?

You have to do soooo much modding to be able to use that, I don't even know if you could drive that vehicle as a DD.

#102949 - 09/05/07 05:56 PM Re: Help with twin turbo's
20gtp02 Offline
If you can get that Turbo build done right, I would say a lot of great tuning will keep you happy. Just don't cut corners and make sure you have that thing on and working properly before you go nuts.

#102950 - 09/05/07 07:12 PM Re: Help with twin turbo's
20gtp02 Offline
Buddy in local club had an 04-05 gt and he turboed it. He didn't have it tuned right. I don't know the Turbo he had, but right before he sold it, he blew the trans, What he upgraded in the trans was: thicker chain, a ZZP 3k converter, hardened input shaft, and HD differential. Just some info for your turbo setup.

#102951 - 09/06/07 12:29 AM Re: Help with twin turbo's
Don Smith Offline
I'm ordering the kit friday. I might have to get a Daily Driver because my car is gonna be down for a little while. I'm not gonna risk driving it until I have made sure its not gonna break on me. I only have so much money and I need to do it right. I wish it was a little easier though.
#102952 - 09/06/07 02:37 PM Re: Help with twin turbo's
Don Smith Offline
One other thing. I was told you cant use a CAI with a turbocharger because there won't be any room. Is there any ways around this?
#102953 - 09/06/07 02:46 PM Re: Help with twin turbo's
2fast4u Offline
Loc: Livonia, MI
Don honestly i hope your haveing zzp install that turbo.
not to be a dicK but it really sounds like you dont know a monkey wrench from a tow strap

and if you do do the turbo and dont get a good tune on your car very quick your asking for big trouble.

take this from someone who is on their 3ed engine.....

I do all my own work( cept the tranny) and if u dont have a garage and tools and alot of know how your gonna be in for many problems.

good luck with your build and get some picts up quick!!

and go ahead and sell that cai its worthless with the turbo

Mods: 11.87@115 strictly stock
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/98-GTP-burnout_207724.htm
#102954 - 09/06/07 04:36 PM Re: Help with twin turbo's
lonezergling Offline
You can USE a CAI with a turbo set-up, but you will need to fabricate a whole new intake set up.

Are you even sure how a turbo works?

Honestly, if you've got this kind of money, I think you should spend it on paintball stuff, it's obviously your favorite hobby.

With 10k and some land, you could easily set-up a small field for friends. Heck, wait long enough you could probably start your OWN field.

I'm not much of a field baller myself, more into the milsim stuff. My gun would make you laugh. Lemme see if I can find a pic...

That's a pic I made before I bought the parts. Looks very much like it, minus the scope and the bipod. I ordered the bi-pod in April and I never got it. Cost $40 too.

#102955 - 09/06/07 04:45 PM Re: Help with twin turbo's
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
lol... a 98 custom. everyones first gun... i had one... i actually think i still have it, but i do the speedball thing now, more of a rush

Don, are you planning on installing this?
#102956 - 09/07/07 12:17 AM Re: Help with twin turbo's
Don Smith Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by lonezergling:
You can USE a CAI with a turbo set-up, but you will need to fabricate a whole new intake set up.

Are you even sure how a turbo works?

Honestly, if you've got this kind of money, I think you should spend it on paintball stuff, it's obviously your favorite hobby.

With 10k and some land, you could easily set-up a small field for friends. Heck, wait long enough you could probably start your OWN field.

I'm not much of a field baller myself, more into the milsim stuff. My gun would make you laugh. Lemme see if I can find a pic...

That's a pic I made before I bought the parts. Looks very much like it, minus the scope and the bipod. I ordered the bi-pod in April and I never got it. Cost $40 too.
Quote:
Originally posted by ordonez1307:
lol... a 98 custom. everyones first gun... i had one... i actually think i still have it, but i do the speedball thing now, more of a rush

Don, are you planning on installing this?
you guys are retarted lol. I'm a professional paintball player. I play for a team called chicago farside. They were on the espn paintball series last year but i didn't play for them then. I don't pay for anything though. I get everything paid for for me. And god no i'm not putting that crap in myself. I'm gonna drive up to michigan and have it installed. Family lives there so its a two fer.
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >