Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#102957 - 09/07/07 12:25 AM Re: Help with twin turbo's
Don Smith Offline
Loc: Warrensburg, Missouri
Oh and if you put a scope on a paintball gun you are retarted. They don't shoot that far that you need a scope. But this isn't a paintball forum. Sorry I suck at life when it comes to cars. But thanks for the help.
#102958 - 09/07/07 12:50 AM Re: Help with twin turbo's
lonezergling Offline
Loc: Waterford, WI
Didn't I say I didn't put the scope on it?

Beside, you can't get you head far enough down to see through it because of the mask.

It's purely cosmetic, just like the mag and bi-pod.

Have you contacted ZZP yet? I'm curious to know a final price on this project. That includes all the supporting mods too.

BTW, how many miles on the car?

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/venomman/
"If you are asking if you can do it, you can't. When you have learned enough to know that you can do it, you are able to." -me
#102959 - 09/07/07 04:03 AM Re: Help with twin turbo's
brown Offline
Loc: Belleville, MI
If this is what he wants for his car, back off and let him do it. If you can afford it, I say do it. I personally would wait until I was done with school to put that much money into any car I owned, but different strokes for different folks.

Seems almost like this thread should go to the "everything else" section now that they're talking paintball.
#102960 - 09/07/07 02:30 PM Re: Help with twin turbo's
Don Smith Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by lonezergling:
Didn't I say I didn't put the scope on it?

Beside, you can't get you head far enough down to see through it because of the mask.

It's purely cosmetic, just like the mag and bi-pod.

Have you contacted ZZP yet? I'm curious to know a final price on this project. That includes all the supporting mods too.

BTW, how many miles on the car?
Yeah i contacted them. They said that i don't need any supporting mods that the engine would handle 500 horses easily. But i'm gonna put an entirely new exhaust on. Its probably gonna cost about 5000 total without installation. And my engine is brand new. My old one broke. This one has about 3 thousand miles on it.
#102961 - 09/07/07 02:52 PM Re: Help with twin turbo's
2fast4u Offline
Loc: Livonia, MI
the only time i played paint ball i was useing a 98 custom and i took out 3 kids with angels they were pissssssed smile

Mods: 11.87@115 strictly stock
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/98-GTP-burnout_207724.htm
#102962 - 09/07/07 03:13 PM Re: Help with twin turbo's
lonezergling Offline
Um, an entirely new exhaust isn't an *option* for what you are doing. It's a requirement if you plan on bringing the car on the street.

The only TT GP runs open headers right out the side of the front of the car.

YOu are talking completely custom exhaust work from the heads ALL THE WAY back to the bumper.

And ZZP told you that you didn't need any supporting mods?

Yeah, your stock engine can handle 500hp. Your stock head gaskets won't. Your stock tranny WILL NOT.

Y'know though, whatever. Your money, borrowed or not.

When you blow a piston out your oil pan from running 30lbs with no supporting mods, I'll be MORE than happy to help you along with the rebuild.

Until then, have fun while it lasts.

And btw, you spelt retarded wrong. Twice.

"If you are asking if you can do it, you can't. When you have learned enough to know that you can do it, you are able to." -me
#102963 - 09/07/07 03:51 PM Re: Help with twin turbo's
RooK Offline
Loc: Southern KY
Quote:
Originally posted by lonezergling:
YOu are talking completely custom exhaust work from the heads ALL THE WAY back to the bumper.
Nah, just by a 3" catback (ZZP, Monza, Pacesetter) and funnel the exhaust into it, with say a 4">3" adapter.

ZZP is probably playing with you saying you need no supporting mods. However, an intercooler and new exhaust is part of the build (those are technically supporting), but you need a cam and LS1/N* TB w/ MAF, as well as a tranny beefing unless you plan on running really low boost numbers.

Honestly, stick with a single turbo or go nuts and do a top-swap with a whipple. That would be awesome.
#102964 - 09/07/07 04:07 PM Re: Help with twin turbo's
lonezergling Offline
RooK, they need to run the exhaust from the turbines as well as the wastegates back down and out of the engine compartment.

http://www.stattama.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=browse&id=44374&pageid=53

look at how it's set-up. They have a turbo per cylinder bank.

EDIT: I found a pic of what should be expected from ANY power adder without proper supporting mods and care.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cf...&imageID=107723

#102965 - 09/07/07 04:32 PM Re: Help with twin turbo's
RooK Offline
Loc: Southern KY
I know what they have, but you can merge them. The problem is routing out of the engine bay. Once that is done, you can hook it up to a stock exhaust. Remember, two turbos require smaller individual exhaust pipes coming off each one, because they move less exhaust gas. Also, the turbos should be smaller as well. You could possibly run two, small 4-cyl turbos off a stock car like an Eclipse or SRT4. If you want it streetable that is.
#102966 - 09/07/07 06:32 PM Re: Help with twin turbo's
20gtp02 Offline
As much as ZZP knows and those who just use one turbo, it seems he should play the lotto over tryign to build this thing. Like all the posts, it's no where near a bolt on application. And even if he spent $10,000 to have someone do it, he will need someone to monitor the setup day in and day out. And the upkeep might be rediculous.

#102967 - 09/07/07 11:06 PM Re: Help with twin turbo's
drummerboy1307 Offline
Loc: Groton, CT
yeah, yeah, do it. I like seeing pictures of things that go boom... like transmissions

'97 SE with alot of mods
#102968 - 09/08/07 02:42 AM Re: Help with twin turbo's
lonezergling Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by 20gtp02:
As much as ZZP knows and those who just use one turbo, it seems he should play the lotto over tryign to build this thing. Like all the posts, it's no where near a bolt on application. And even if he spent $10,000 to have someone do it, he will need someone to monitor the setup day in and day out. And the upkeep will be rediculous.
Fix'd

#102969 - 09/08/07 02:46 AM Re: Help with twin turbo's
drummerboy1307 Offline
Loc: Groton, CT
werd

'97 SE with alot of mods
#102970 - 09/08/07 08:45 AM Re: Help with twin turbo's
Don Smith Offline
I said i'm not going twin. I just didn't realize what I would have been getting myself into. And like I said I'm gonna drive up to michigan and have it installed the right way. But it might take me a little while to get up there.
#102971 - 09/08/07 11:07 PM Re: Help with twin turbo's
lonezergling Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Smith:
I said i'm not going twin. I just didn't realize what I would have been getting myself into. And like I said I'm gonna drive up to michigan and have it installed the right way. But it might take me a little while to get up there.
There we go, that's the attitude we are looking for.

You've got a lot of options for making more power out of the car.

-You can top-swap it into a faster GTP engine and have free reign over modding options.

-You can do the ZZP SSM90 kit, giving slightly better power than a top-swap at the cost of needing more specialized parts to continue modding.

-You can still turbo the car and you have MANY options of a build to do it with. However, making extra power from a turbo build isn't as easy as dropping a pulley.

If you are on a tight modding budget and have a good shop that will do the work/you can do the work in, a top-swap or SS M90 kit will work great at a lower cost. Top-swap with cam and springs will run you about $2000 + a few supporting mods.

You can still turbo the car too. A base turbo kit will get you into the 13's and should run you about $3000. You can also upgrade the turbo from the 50mm to something like a Turbonetics 62-1 and get a bit more power out of the build with some other mods.

I had ordered a turbo kit a while ago but ended up canceling it due to family troubles. However, in the ordering process, I learned a LOT about ZZPs turbo kits. I don't want to brag or anything but I'm probably the most familiar person on this board with ZZPs tubro kits.

$4100 will get you a 50mm turbo kit with an IC and BOV.

$2000 will get you an M90 and an XP cam with 105# springs

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >