Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#103953 - 05/04/09 10:14 PM Re: A/C out of defrost and nothing else
nyjets91 Offline
Loc: Wallingford/Hartford, CT
Would the ignition switch really cause it? I'm not having any trouble with anything else that runs off it. Also, the doors inside are moving because when i go to change it from the middle vents to the upper or lower, it does change, but it seems to be only changing to the upper defrost vents. I don't want to sound like I'm arguing with your opinion, but I'm just not sure that it could be the problem, unless you know something that I dont about the way these systems work?
#103954 - 05/05/09 06:15 PM Re: A/C out of defrost and nothing else
nyjets91 Offline
Loc: Wallingford/Hartford, CT
So today, for ha-has, i decided to take out the glove box assembly and see what I could see. All the vacuum lines/wires appear to be in good condition. Also, without the box there, I can clearly hear the solenoid/modulator making noise whenever i push the "mode" button on the cj2 unit to change where the airflow is going. However, even after i push the button to shut the A/C off, it continues the noise for a good 15 second or so. It sounds almost like it is trying to change the direction of whatever doors move the airflow, but it's not able to do it.

My question would be this then: Is there any way to take off at least part of the dash and see this (these?) doors? Where should i be looking for this? Also, does the term "blend door" refer to this item, or is that something else entirely?
#219287 - 07/12/18 06:05 PM Re: A/C out of defrost and nothing else [Re: nyjets91]
dpickett63 Offline
Loc: NC
What you are describing is the diverter. That directs where the air goes. The blend doors control the temperature. There are three diverters, 2 on the passenger side and one on the drivers side. I'm having the same problem. I'll check it out in a couple of days when I get back in town.

Derek
#219288 - 07/12/18 06:59 PM Re: A/C out of defrost and nothing else [Re: nyjets91]
Richard Candelario Offline
I hope you realize that it's pretty much just me that checks in on these pages, and that this thread died in 2009. The rest of the site died a couple of years later. Thank you for joining, but you're damn near a decade late to the party. While the participation in these hallowed halls is scarce, the information is still around. Again, welcome...and good luck.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2