Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#104480 - 11/13/07 09:35 PM problem starting up....??
Haulero Offline
Loc: Laurens, SC
ok, this is my other problem, every now and then, when I'm going to start up my car it takes few seconds before start. I turn my key to start it up and nothing happens, no noise, no nothing, but then, few seconds later, start up with no problem. I try to start up my car and if it doesn't start I hold my key in that position then few seconds later starts up. hope you guys understand what I mean. is this normal?
#104481 - 11/13/07 09:43 PM Re: problem starting up....??
Richard Candelario Offline
starter. check fuses and relays first, but I had the same fault. starter.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#104482 - 11/13/07 10:43 PM Re: problem starting up....??
Dre da GP man Offline
Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
I had the same problem which was the starter like 2 weeks ago. My uncle hit the starter with a hammer and it started but when I got home and turn the car off and tried to start the car up again, it just kept clicking and I've replaced it myself and never had a problem since.
#104483 - 11/13/07 10:57 PM Re: problem starting up....??
Haulero Offline
Loc: Laurens, SC
I guess I need to start saving some money for a new started lol
#104484 - 11/14/07 01:36 AM Re: problem starting up....??
Dre da GP man Offline
Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
Well you know if you don't have the money(which I understand because new starters are almost 200 dollars) you can go to a junkyard which should be no more than 30 dollars I believe or you can go to a autozone, advanced auto, etc and get a remanufactured which are a little cheaper whcih you bring back the old one and it will knock some more off the price.

I went with a junkyard and got one for 20 dollars and installed it myself and saved myself a lot of money although my hands were messed up,(thats why I will get gloves now) but with a junkyard started expect it to last no more than 2 years I suppose.