#104499 - 03/08/07 03:04 PM Getting emissions checked today
zuulmusic Offline
Loc: Cleveland, OH
...and in a couple weeks the cat comes off! devilgrin

full plans to be releaved shortly...
#104500 - 03/08/07 03:24 PM Re: Getting emissions checked today
02GTPRD Offline
Loc: Canton, MI
How often do they check emissions and how do they do it? Don't have that here in Michigan. lol

Flowmaster Super 40's, Dual Slash Exhaust tips, Silver Mesh Grill, 7" K&N Filter, 3" ZZP Offroad Pipe
#104501 - 03/08/07 04:34 PM Re: Getting emissions checked today
D Offline
Loc: Brooklyn, NY
They hook a scanner up to the car and mkae sure all the sensors are in the right pirameters and in NY you have to get it done once a year.

1997 Grand Prix GT: ZZP SS M90 Kit--P&P Blower and LIM--3.8" Modular pulley--36# injectors--ZZP Wizair CAI--8.5mm MSD Wires--Autolite 103s@ .052--180* drilled T-stat--Tune Time Performance Tune--ZZP 2.5" D/P w/o Cat--ZZP Stage 1 HV TB--ZZP Power Log & Rear PEM--ZZP Poly Motor & Tranny Mounts--Flowmaster 40 Series Delta Flow Mufflers--Auto Meter Z Series Boost & Oil Pressure Gauges--Aeroforce Interceptor Scan Gauge

New York Metro Club Grand Prix
www.nymcgp.com
#104502 - 03/08/07 06:49 PM Re: Getting emissions checked today
zuulmusic Offline
Loc: Cleveland, OH
The OBDII scanner they use checks the sensors related to emissions on the car.
In Lake County, Ohio, it's done every odd year for odd year cars, and every even year for even year cars... so basically every other year.

SOOOO.... I'm in line at the test center and I remember that my aeroforce scangauge is plugged into the OBDII... so I just pull it out (while the cars on - ive done it before no problems). They hook in their machine and it tells them OBDII system is not ready, so they had to hook up the sniffer to my pipes!... which scared the heck out of me cause my hi-flow cat was setting the "cat ineffeciency" code until i deleted it with the power tuner. Turns out all the numbers came out great... way below maximums.

I'll have to remember to leave my OBDII alone for a while before I take my car next time when I have my hallowed out cat!
#104503 - 03/08/07 11:41 PM Re: Getting emissions checked today
Dre da GP man Offline
Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
IN virginia the emissions is once every two years.