Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#104644 - 01/24/03 12:56 PM climate control display
Rafie Offline
Loc: Toronto, Canada
Hi, My 97 gtp shows the outside temp in ferinheight, however i'm canada and i was wondering if there is a way to switch it so it will show celsius? Any help?
97 gtp loaded, 1.6" drop, cold air intake, magnaflow stainless exhaust, reflective package, blue neon interior package, 35% tint, hose sleeving engine kit, 12" pioneer sub's, kenwood amp 17" chromies ridin' on perilli pzero's
#104645 - 01/24/03 04:51 PM Re: climate control display
quark_man Offline
Loc: Alberta
I do not think so, unless you get the sensor and the PCM replaced. But Im not sure...
#104646 - 01/24/03 04:57 PM Re: climate control display
01GTP LE Offline
Loc: Canada
I have a 01 and I can switch it on my mirror back and forth.

I push the dot button. Or power button.

No sure about 97 should be same
#104647 - 01/24/03 05:01 PM Re: climate control display
01GTP LE Offline
Loc: Canada
I have a 01 and I can switch it on my mirror back and forth.

I push the dot button. Or power button.

No sure about 97 should be same
#104648 - 01/25/03 10:33 PM Re: climate control display
Kerry Offline
Loc: Tempe, AZ
Rafie,

Good god I could be feeding you terrible information, but I remember this topic coming up sometime back in 97 or 98. It was so long ago, that all I can remember is it had something to do with a ground wire.

Man this sounds sloppy, but when you pull the dash face off, I think there is a ground wire that determines the Farenhheit/Celsius reading. I don't even know which determines which. If you are grounded, unground. If you are ungrounded, ground. Cripes, for all I know I could be thinking of my brothers Lincoln. I swear this was the GP method though.

At any rate, could someone back me up or at least make fun of me? There is always the archives to check. I know this was discussed. Good luck,

Kerry
#104649 - 01/30/03 02:34 PM Re: climate control display
Neo GTP Offline
Loc: Niagara Falls
Your ugly and your mother dresses you funny smile Just kidding... but you did ask to be made fun of wink Don't think you can change it... Why would u want to, I live in Canada and would love the ferinheight instead of the celsius confused
#104650 - 01/30/03 06:41 PM Re: climate control display
Ditka83 Offline
Loc: Seattle
I just searched on google and actually came up with this from somewhere on the gpnet site:

-------------------------------------------------
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 16:43:41 -0400
Subject: CJ2 temp display C or F

This article deals with how to change the display of the CJ2 from Fahrenheit to Celsius or back. First off forgive me if this was posted recently as I have been away. I had asked the list a couple times about the procedure in the past and didn't receive a answer so I went looking on my own. Personally I disliked the Celsius only display here in Canada and changed mine to Fahrenheit on my 99 GT but other years should be the same so here goes.

Tools needed - Philips #2 screwdriver
Time - took me 15 minutes
Difficulty - easy

Remove the knee bolster. There are 2 screws. Unscrew the bulb socket from behind. Tilt steering wheel all the way down. Grab the IP panel at the bottom on both sides and pull slowly but firmly.
Unplug foglight switch. Probably don't have to but I did. Technically you should drop the steering column to remove the IP panel but I didn't as I was able to swing the panel far enough away from the climate control for access. Remove 2 screws from the CJ2 unit and pull out far enough to get access to the harness behind it. Here I found a foam thing wrapped around the harness. Remove it and you will see a black wire (ground) with a single connector. Unplug the connector for Fahrenheit, connect it for metric. Reverse procedure to complete and your done.

For the technically minded the connector is #C252 on circuit #1550 and can
be found on page 1-160 Volume 1 of 3 in the 1999 Helms manual.

Cheers,
Mark Solcz
99 Arctic White GT Coupe
ICQ 10576010
-------------------------------------------------
I hope that helps.
#104651 - 01/31/03 09:38 AM Re: climate control display
quark_man Offline
Loc: Alberta
Neo
if you live in Canada why would you want F and not C!!! I love C (metric is much easier!)