Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#105032 - 06/14/07 09:56 PM door noises
derxrip98 Offline
Loc: Delaware, Ohio
when i close my driver-side door it makes a squeaking noise. it's not at the hinge. i like to keep that well lubed. the squeaking comes more from the back end but i cant pin point it. it seems to come from a large area. it's not the latch either. i think it might have something to do with the weather liner/trim. the door also squeaks when i drive down small-vibration filled roads (tons of quick little bumps that are just super annoying). it's like the door is not sitting squarely. it closes flush with the rest of the body, thankfully. the passenger door doesnt do it, but i dont carry many passengers, thus the door doesnt get opened and closed as much. if it is door trim, where could i find it? i've searched multiple things with no luck. any thoughts?
#105033 - 06/14/07 10:00 PM Re: door noises
20gtp02 Offline
I think I have your fix. When I dynomated, I did the drivers door (dumb thing to do) well, I had a squeek. Thought it was the speaker for a month or two. Well I think the squeek is where the door butts up to the dash. There is a small gap in between the two. But mine is so close that it rubs and squeeks. That may be your problem too. When you are driving, stick your left arm out and use your fingers to pry the dash away from the door and see if that temporarily fixes the squeek.