Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#105312 - 04/15/08 01:19 AM Re: Polished blower case...
RooK Offline
Loc: Southern KY
Clint, what kind of car is that? Bonnie? It sure isn't a GTP is it?
#105313 - 04/15/08 01:32 PM Re: Polished blower case...
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by RooK:
deffinately not a grand prix. washer bottle and battery bracket along with other stuff is different
#105314 - 04/15/08 02:41 PM Re: Polished blower case...
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
FP guages under the hood for tuning/trouble shooting plus if it's mechanical you don't want a fuel line running into the cabin.
#105315 - 04/15/08 06:15 PM Re: Polished blower case...
lonezergling Offline
Loc: Waterford, WI
A Buick maybe? Kinda looks like my friend's Park Avenue...

I spend about $50 today on snadpaper, spray paint, rags, and other supplies for when the time comes to install the IC.

Anything that comes off is going to get sanded clean and then either polished or painted.

BTW, I painted my front valve cover black last night and it looks SICK!

I've decided I'm going to repaint everything black but with flourescent green trim and highlights. I've already got the proper paint for it.

The only thing is, I didn't buy paint stripper because I have nowhere to dispose of such dangerous chemicals.

I'll try and get a pic tonight.

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/venomman/
"If you are asking if you can do it, you can't. When you have learned enough to know that you can do it, you are able to." -me
#105316 - 04/16/08 12:48 AM Re: Polished blower case...
crimpton Offline
Loc: Portland Or.
Quote:
That happens to be a Bonneville SLE with an L67 transplant. Did anyone notice the difference on the snout?

Here's the picture I was waiting for. Also a self polished blower/snout and TB.

http://pdxcgp.com
#105317 - 04/16/08 01:00 AM Re: Polished blower case...
RooK Offline
Honestly I didn't notice the snout. I did notice it didn't have a stud mount in the top of the housing, so it's either a Gen V, or someone did a lot of grinding.

Sadly, I think the red wire looms kind of ruin it. Black would have been more lo-pro, but all that red plastic looks a tad tacky.
#105318 - 04/16/08 03:21 AM Re: Polished blower case...
lonezergling Offline
Ok, just how the heck am I supposed to get that TB clean!?

I spent about 4 hours snading off mostly dirt and ash. I tried using water and rags, even carb and choke cleaner.

I even bought a tiny little wire steel brush for my Dremel but it cleaned such a small area AND it couldn't get into all the little areas.

I ground down some of the useless little ridges and flash from manufacturing but it only helped a little.

How do you clean those hard-to-reach places, and on top of that, sand and polish them?

But the parts that did get sanded and polished a little bit (just down with 600 grit and then 000 steel wool) look REALLY nice, can't imagine what they will look like with 1600 grit!

"If you are asking if you can do it, you can't. When you have learned enough to know that you can do it, you are able to." -me
#105319 - 04/17/08 10:13 PM Re: Polished blower case...
crimpton Offline
Loc: Portland Or.
Quote:
Honestly I didn't notice the snout. I did notice it didn't have a stud mount in the top of the housing, so it's either a Gen V, or someone did a lot of grinding.
Lotsa grinding..... wink

Quote:
Sadly, I think the red wire looms kind of ruin it. Black would have been more lo-pro, but all that red plastic looks a tad tacky.
Good thing this thread isn't about plastic wire loom..... devilgrin

http://pdxcgp.com
#105320 - 04/17/08 11:03 PM Re: Polished blower case...
lonezergling Offline
Let's see...

Today I polished my alternator. Looks much better than my TB but both will need to be sanded down further when I have the motor apart for the IC install.

Also polished the S/C ilder arm. Looks good but you can't really see it.

Also, painted the lines in my valve cover flourescent green and clear coated to cover. Looks sick as heck!

Scuffed and repainted my dogbones black. Clear coated. Look great and will be doing the same to the dogbone mounts and strut tower bars.

I'm not going to polish the blower. Instead, I'm going to sand the blower, snout, and throttle body down to a fairly smooth surface, prime with self-etching primer until smooth, then paint with ceramic black.

The fuel rails are going to be sanded, primed, and painted with the same flourescent green paint as the valve covers.

I brought my black light over to my valve cover and it looks awesome.

I might even run some black lights into the hood to light up the green.

#105321 - 04/18/08 01:16 AM Re: Polished blower case...
4drgt Offline
Loc: Des Moines ,Iowa
pictures ??
#105322 - 04/18/08 01:42 AM Re: Polished blower case...
lonezergling Offline
I'll get some. I just never have time because I end up working in the night in the driveway and there is so little light to be had.

I'll go snap a few now and we'll see.

#105323 - 04/18/08 06:16 AM Re: Polished blower case...
Chico Offline
Loc: Gonzales Tx.
I'll give you some credit for effort ,but in no way is any of those items even close to polished,you need to remove the alternator and clean complete item with a wire wheel then progressively sand with finer and finer grit use an angle die grinder ,then you need to have a bench grinder with buffing wheels and compound(red rouge & china white)and into the little grooves and crevises ues small circles of sandpaper glued to an eraser end of a pencil,to stert with polishing start with small items first and work your way up ,I do think you need to start over on your engine bay and clean well and straighten out your wiring ,I not ragging on you but you can't just rush over the engine bay and expect results.One thing that does help is replacing all bolts as you go along with stailess allen head bolts get them at Fastenal ,take it slow one step at a time and green sorry I do'nt think it belongs in an engine bay .Chico(pops)
#105324 - 04/18/08 06:55 AM Re: Polished blower case...
GP GT GUY Offline
Loc: Indianapolis
the valve cover looks really good... i'm gonna have to agree with chico... clean up other stuff too and get stainless bolts... and get some new rubber for that intake... that looks terrible

2000 GP GT 20's, altezzas, clears, F/M super 44's, some little blue L.E.D.s

#105325 - 04/18/08 02:38 PM Re: Polished blower case...
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Why is your map sensor in front of the blower?

Why do you have the spark plug wires going around the blower? and around in circles and stuff. Just run them under the snout, and under the dog bone in front.

And with the intake being a complete 90* angle, that is killing your airflow
#105326 - 04/18/08 02:49 PM Re: Polished blower case...
RooK Offline
C'mon, give him some credit for a 'brushed' look. If he likes his sparkplug wires to look like spaghetti, I say more power to him!

I haven't got the patience to polish stuff. I did polish the receiver/lever on my 96/17 rifle, but that was mostly flat spaces and a smooth surface.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >