Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#105573 - 05/13/02 12:59 PM ungodly eardrum-shattering sound from AC
fiercebboy Offline
Loc: OKC
I have a problem with the AC. I have the dual climate control thing. Today when i pressed the passenger side AC control, i heard this horrific sound! It sounded exactly like somebody was scratching a chalkboard with his nails! It was driving me crazy! i moved the controls up and down and adjusted the temperature on both. but nothing worked. the only thing that worked was when i turned off the whole AC. I tried it again, and sure enough, it made the same sound. so i turned on the AC through the driver side, and it didnt make a noise at all and it ran normally. it seems like it only happens when i press the passenger side to turn it on. does anyone know whats wrong with it and what i can do to fix it? thanks
jed
#105574 - 05/13/02 01:20 PM Re: ungodly eardrum-shattering sound from AC
Ross St.Clair Offline
Loc: Gainesville, VA USA
The sound may have something to do with the dual-zone actuators. There are temperature door actuators for the right and left sides of the car. I recently had mine replaced for an intermittent "donkey-like" sound. If your car is under warranty, this may be something best left to the dealer to diagnose.