Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#107281 - 05/13/02 01:02 PM water leak on passenger side
New Guy Offline
Loc: Cherry Point, NC
I own a 99 GP SE. Earlier this year when I started to use my A/C, I noticed that there was alot of water coming out of my blower motor. At first I couldn't figure out where it was coming from, but I think that the drain for the water condensation under the car is clogged up. The only problem is I can't seem to find the drain. Can anyone tell me an easy way to get to it, and also if you have seen this problem in a GP before.
#107282 - 05/14/02 07:08 AM Re: water leak on passenger side
stripedbadger Offline
Loc: Greenville, Ohio
Tyler,

This is a common occurence in the GP. Easiest way to find the drain tube is to stand against the passenger side fender. Locate the power steering pump (back of motor) and straight back from there, on the firewall, look for a 1/2" dia. tube with a 90 degree bend pointing toward the ground. Of course if you've got water, the 90 degree tube might be missing and part of your problem. :rolleyes:
Use a coat hanger or some other type of device to unclog the tube once you find it.
You may also want to locate your blower motor (passenger side floor under the felt cover) and pull the little rubber elbow going into the motor housing. water tends to accumulate there also.

Hope this helps!