Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#107568 - 05/15/02 07:07 PM PE400/2 Thanks!
Marc Harbison Offline
Loc: Fredericksburg, VA
Hi All,

Sorry for sending this off so late, but I wanted to say "thanks" to everyone who attended PE400/2. It sucked in a big way that we were rained out, but what are ya gonna do? ...Can't fight Mother Nature. I was really pleased to see that most people still had a wonderful time to spite the weather!

The Pontiac reps. had as good a time talking with us as we did with them. For those of you who may have never met them (particularly Roger Sears), I think you found that they are just as much enthusiasts as we are. They're a great group of folks and I hope if any one runs in to them in the future, please say thanks for their efforts. They didn't have to go out of their
way to accommodate us, but they did. For those of us who've been around a while and for the few who attended the "secret" meeting back during GPG 2000, I believe you probably noticed that Pontiac DOES listen to us and they DO care about what we think. Many of the innovations you see/saw on the G-Force are there as a result of Pontiac seeing what we've done to our cars.
The first time Roger attended a GPG, he walked around the parking lot for hours looking under hoods, inspecting suspensions, sitting in cars, and listening (really listening) to our successes and failures. With people like Roger Sears and Lutz leading the way... there's no
telling how far Pontiac may go.

On a personal note, I'd like to thank Diane Forinash for her comment as she and her son (Stephen) left to head back to Atlanta. I believe she summed it all up nicely which, for me, is what an event like this is all about. She said, she really appreciated how everyone made her feel so welcome and comfortable. She went on to say that she looked forward to coming back next year. And that's saying something considering we didn't get to participate in the pre-race festivities. While I greatly appreciated everyone's "thank you's", her comment really hit home.

And speaking of everyone's "thank you's"... you are very welcome. I'd also like to say thanks to everyone who attended. If it weren't for people willing to come... there'd be no reason coordinate it in the first place. My hat's off to you!

Best Regards (and see you at PE400/3),
Marc
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RIP '97 GTP w/ 192K miles - Totaled when broadsided