Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#110983 - 05/30/07 06:52 PM need very detailed instructions
grandtouring Offline
Loc: Hull, Quebec, Canada
i need some instructions to install my dhp pcm to my 2000 gtp, i do have instrutions that came with the pcm from pfyc and i e-mailed them and asked for better instructions and they said that was it, so if anyone here knows how to install it and the mods needed, or if there is a site i can go to, to research it more, it would be great, i only want instuctions from someone who knows how 100 percent please.
#110984 - 05/30/07 07:01 PM Re: need very detailed instructions
4drgt Offline
Loc: Des Moines ,Iowa
take apart the air box ... unplug the old and then install the new then take to the local dealer to get a case learn done so you dont get a check engine light
#110985 - 05/30/07 08:09 PM Re: need very detailed instructions
drummerboy1307 Offline
Loc: Groton, CT
Open the airbox, and you'll see the PCM.

It's two bolts. Undo them, pull out the wiring harnesses, put em back in the new PCM, and tighten the bolts. Simple as that.

'97 SE with alot of mods
#110986 - 05/30/07 08:11 PM Re: need very detailed instructions
grandtouring Offline
THATS WHAT I NEED INSTRUCTIONS TO DO, THE CASE LEARN, THATS JUST RESETING THE PCM RIGHT, I HAD TRIED THAT TODAY AND REALLY SCREWED IT UP CUZ I DIDENT HAVE THE PROPER INSTRUCTIONS, BUT ITS FUNNY, I WAS TOLD THE NOISE IM HEARING AFTER TRYING TO RESET MY PCM, THE TICKING NOISE WHEN I TURN THE KEY TO ON IS ON BOTH SIDES ON THE MOTOR, I WAS TOLD ITS RELAYS, SO CAN I DO A RESET MYSELF?
#110987 - 05/30/07 08:25 PM Re: need very detailed instructions
drummerboy1307 Offline
wth, you can't do a case learn on your own, it's not just resetting the PCM, it has something to do with the crank sensor. the dealer or someone who has a tech2 will have to do it

'97 SE with alot of mods
#110988 - 05/30/07 08:27 PM Re: need very detailed instructions
drummerboy1307 Offline

'97 SE with alot of mods
#110989 - 05/30/07 08:29 PM Re: need very detailed instructions
crimpton Offline
Loc: Portland Or.
No need to yell........

First I would like to say, I hope you disconnected the battery.....

The case learn can only be done with a tuner, or by your dealer..... If the PCM came in the mail, it had several days to "reset". Heck, even if you swapped from car to car, it should be down long enough to reset.
The Case Learn isn't always necessary, and wouldn't cause a ticking sound if you needed it done, it would set a Check Engine light and you would go from there.
The ticking you're hearing may be the injectors.

(edit)If you're hearing noises while the engine is running it may be the injectors. If you're hearing them while the engine is off, it is relays actuating motors, and sensors, and such. If it doesn't stop, try disconnecting the battery for about 20 minutes and try again.(/edit)

http://pdxcgp.com
#110990 - 05/30/07 08:34 PM Re: need very detailed instructions
grandtouring Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by drummerboy1307:
Open the airbox, and you'll see the PCM.

It's two bolts. Undo them, pull out the wiring harnesses, put em back in the new PCM, and tighten the bolts. Simple as that.
ive done that already 2 weeks ago, installed my intake already, but now im being told i should have done a reset to my pcm afterwards, is this true?
#110991 - 05/30/07 08:49 PM Re: need very detailed instructions
grandtouring Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by crimpton:
No need to yell........

The case learn can only be done with a tuner, or by your dealer..... If the PCM came in the mail, it had several days to "reset". Heck, even if you swapped from car to car, it should be down long enough to reset.
The Case Learn isn't always necessary, and wouldn't cause a ticking sound if you needed it done, it would set a Check Engine light and you would go from there.

(edit)If you're hearing noises while the engine is running it may be the injectors. If you're hearing them while the engine is off, it is relays actuating motors, and sensors, and such. If it doesn't stop, try disconnecting the battery for about 20 minutes and try again.(/edit)
ok you are getting two topics mixed up, lol, i havent installed the dhp pcm yet, i have installed my intake, and i was told to reset my pcm after doing that, so i tried but i failed, i dident do something right, but i did exactly what people said last night, but i think there is more to it then just that, and so after i reconnected the neg batt cable when i went to start the car it wouldent, twice, and when i just turn the key to the on position it would start ticking really fast for half a sec, and its coming for both sides of the motor, but no when the car is running its fine, so are you saying try do it again? or only try it again if its ticking when its running? cuz it only does it quick and stops while car is not running, but yes i keeps doing it every time i went to start the car
#110992 - 05/30/07 09:05 PM Re: need very detailed instructions
grandtouring Offline
Quote:
smart A*** lol
#110993 - 05/30/07 09:14 PM Re: need very detailed instructions
Blackarrow98GP Offline
Loc: CT, U.S.A
Quote:
Originally posted by GRANDTOURING:
and so after i reconnected the neg batt cable when i went to start the car it wouldent, twice, and when i just turn the key to the on position it would start ticking really fast for half a sec, and its coming for both sides of the motor
Check your battery cable connections; maybe they are loose.
#110994 - 05/30/07 09:24 PM Re: need very detailed instructions
grandtouring Offline
yeah ok but when reconected it today it sparked is this normal, thats all id need to happen to me today is to get zapped, that would really put the cherry on top for all that has happened to me today, is it ok to tighten them with my ratchet?
#110995 - 05/30/07 09:51 PM Re: need very detailed instructions
crimpton Offline
Loc: Portland Or.
Quote:
Originally posted by GRANDTOURING:
Quote:
Originally posted by crimpton:
[b] No need to yell........

ok you are getting two topics mixed up, lol, i havent installed the dhp pcm yet, i have installed my intake, and i was told to reset my pcm after doing that, so i tried but i failed, i dident do something right, but i did exactly what people said last night, but i think there is more to it then just that, and so after i reconnected the neg batt cable when i went to start the car it wouldent, twice, and when i just turn the key to the on position it would start ticking really fast for half a sec, and its coming for both sides of the motor, but no when the car is running its fine, so are you saying try do it again? or only try it again if its ticking when its running? cuz it only does it quick and stops while car is not running, but yes i keeps doing it every time i went to start the car [/b]
Not to sound like a jerk, but it seems that YOU are getting 2 topics mixed up.... This topic is about installing a DHP PCM..... If you didn't change PCM's there is NO reason to get a Case Learn done.... It's just a matter of disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes to reset it, which it sounds like you've done......

http://pdxcgp.com
#110996 - 05/30/07 10:18 PM Re: need very detailed instructions
grandtouring Offline
YEAH BUT NOW ITS TICKING, WHEN KEY IN ON, sorry caps again, and will i get zapped if i go outside now and tighten the batt cables
#110997 - 05/30/07 10:28 PM Re: need very detailed instructions
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
Quote:
Sorry, dont mean to ruffle anyones feathers but... lol lol lol lol ...that is without a doubt the most inventive way I have ever seen that put...two big thumbs up thumbsup thumbsup

...as far as topic is concerned, there is no need to do a pcm reset after installing a CAI...if you get a "check engine" light then go to AutoZone and have them do a quick scan and they can clear it for you. As long as you disconnect the battery first (and leave it for at least 15mins)...then your new PCM should be plug-n-play...once again if you get a SES light have it scanned and see where you are.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >