Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#112303 - 05/08/02 08:23 PM traction control problem?
fiercebboy Offline
Loc: OKC
i have a few questions to ask. eek

first, i was cruisin around when my friend asked to feel the acceleration of the car (98 gp SE 3.8L). so from a stop, i floored it w/ the traction control on and the car proceeded to "peel out". i know its normal for little "squeaks" but this was much longer than a squeak. so is there something wrong with my traction control or is it normal? cowboy

fourth, the SE came with HUD and a cassette radio. the radio buttons are kind of broken, so i was wanting to change it out. i read somewhere that the HUD might not work with another radio in there. Is that true? I was wanting to change it out with another factory CD unit from Delco (i found some on ebay). the only ones i was able to find came from other vehicles, but it looks pretty much the same. will the HUD work if i switched it out? confused

any help with any of the questions would be greatly appreciated. laugh
#112304 - 05/08/02 09:21 PM Re: traction control problem?
kcopegp Offline
Loc: Columbus, OH
First, If both wheels are spining at the same speed the TRC don't know that the wheels are spining,

As far as a SE or GT in the 1/4 mile if you are running a L36 (3800 N/A) they are about equal. Bone stock high to mid 15s.

I am sure the front and rear can be switched. But it will not be cheap.

Not sure about the HUD but I would assume that if you use a stock head unit it would work.
#112305 - 05/09/02 07:11 AM Re: traction control problem?
Chris Jarrett Offline
Loc: Delaware County, PA
My only piece of advice is DO NOT DO BURNOUTS WITH TCS ON!!!!! Its just a bad idea to try it.......Bad things can happen...bad things... hammer
Fully Loaded
Reflective Badges Everywhere, S.S. Grilles, Thrasher CAI,
Painted Calipers,
180 T-stat, titanium tint,Blazertech 3200's, ASP 3.4
Chinny's Rims
#112306 - 05/09/02 09:45 AM Re: traction control problem?
Chrissy from MA Offline
Loc: Kingston, MA
Quote:
Originally posted by kcopegp:

As far as a SE or GT in the 1/4 mile if you are running a L36 (3800 N/A) they are about equal. Bone stock high to mid 15s.
My stock SE 3.8 ran a 16.7....Im PROUD that I cut a second off....with a person and my 200lb. subs in the car laugh

.....and once I get those roller rockers in.......

Mods: Thrasher CAI w/ Relocated IAT Sensor, STB's, 180-Tstat, RT High flow CAT, SLP Loudmouth Exhaust, DHP PCM, MSD Coils,GM Tranny Cooler, Painted calipers w/ Grandprix decals,MSD Coils,PIAA superwhite headlights and Superwhite fogs,clear corners, and a whole lotta bass....