Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#112307 - 08/14/04 10:36 PM stock audio system?
zeebs17 Offline
Loc: Derby,CT
hey everyone. ive been searching the web to try and find out... what is the stock audio system setup in the grand prixs?

sub size, watts.. etc.

Also, anyone have a custom audio setup what sounds good and is affordable?
16" torque star wheels
40GB mp3 player
www.cardomain.com/id/zeebs17
#112308 - 08/15/04 12:14 PM Re: stock audio system?
digital-d Offline
Loc: New York
Your talking about on the Bose system? The amp is only like 50 watts per channel. As for the sub, I don't think the older GP's come with subs. The bass just comes from the rear speakers.

I used to have a custom setup in the Grand Am. I had a sony x-plod h/u, polk audio interior speakers, two rockford 10" subs and a 4-channel rockford amp which I had the interior speakers piggybacked off the front channels and the subs off the rear. It was all old equipment though especially the rockford stuff (back when they were good). The sound was loud and clear and the bass hit hard. I got the h/u for $150 at a store closeing and the rockford subs, box and amp from a friend for only $175. The polk audio speakers I paid full price for. $60 for the 4x6's and $120 for the 6x9's. I wired and hooked up everything myself. In the Grand Prix I bought infinity reference 5 1/4 for the front and I'm using the Polk audio 6x9's for the back....that's all I have for now.

I recommend getting infinity speakers for the interior the sound is amazing. If you can't afford the infinitys shop around, but stick with the name brands. For subs I would recommend two JL audio 10 or 12 inch subs depending on your liking, a kenwood two channel amp to power the subs and an alpine head unit. I also recommend pioneer if you can't afford the alpine. You can get this stuff brand new off ebay for less than the store is selling.