Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#114502 - 10/17/02 04:59 AM Custom Intake PVC...painting
BeaSSt Offline
Loc: Savannah, GA
Hi guy, I got picked up the parts to preform the Custom K&N Intake yesterday. Except, I wasn't able to found a PVC in the black Sewer Pipe color. So, I figure I could just paint the white 45* elbow.

So, my question is do you guys know what kinda paint I need or would be suitable for this application??? Hi temp, sure. But, is there something better out there??? Since, this is gonna be right up front and in the open, once you pop the hood wink

TIA,
Don

[size=1]'88 T-Top SSilver-n-Grey Monte Carlo SS 350ci/400hp-700r4 Dart SSportsman heads w/ Accel hi energy ignition w/ 8.8mm Accel wires & HEI SSuper coil w/ cap, Crane Hi Energy cam w/ 527 left, Performer Intake w/ a Eldabrock Comp. 680cfm carb., Dynomax headers - 2 1/2 dual flowmasters and a trunk load of speakers & amps[/size=1] cool
http://www.fbody.com/members/nuwnre/
#114503 - 10/22/02 01:06 AM Re: Custom Intake PVC...painting
walrus Offline
Loc: MI
Get some Rit dye from the grocery store and mix it like the directions say as far aswater temps only do it in a old pail or bucket and soak it at least over night. Use alot of dye and realize whatever you use to dye it in will also be black(or whatever color you want). Pant tends to chip. This can take some abuse and scrapes and scratches and you'll hardly notice.
#114504 - 11/08/02 08:46 AM Re: Custom Intake PVC...painting
BeaSSt Offline
Loc: Savannah, GA
Darn good idea, thanks abunch for the re-enlightment. I'd forgotten about that stuff.

Thanks again,
Don

[size=1]'88 T-Top SSilver-n-Grey Monte Carlo SS 350ci/400hp-700r4 Dart SSportsman heads w/ Accel hi energy ignition w/ 8.8mm Accel wires & HEI SSuper coil w/ cap, Crane Hi Energy cam w/ 527 left, Performer Intake w/ a Eldabrock Comp. 680cfm carb., Dynomax headers - 2 1/2 dual flowmasters and a trunk load of speakers & amps[/size=1] cool
http://www.fbody.com/members/nuwnre/