Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#117105 - 01/07/08 11:20 PM ABS Light
PushnFords Offline
Loc: Clay Center, KS
My wife's coworker has a '99 GTP and needed a bunch of work done before a long trip during Christmas break. I put on new outer tie rod ends, brake rotors and pads, fuel pump, and some misc. small stuff. She said it ran and drove fine the entire time but her ABS light as been on since I did the work.

I loosened the bleeder screw when I compressed the calipers so I wouldn't force brake fluid back through the ABS motor. What else could caus the light to come on like that? Is there anyway to reset it without a scanner? Niether one of us can really afford to have it scanned but if that is what we have to do I at least want to have a little bit of a clue as to why it is on. banghead

Thanks,

Derek
#117106 - 01/07/08 11:25 PM Re: ABS Light
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
could be the hub, they have been known to set off some sensors
#117107 - 01/08/08 09:48 AM Re: ABS Light
Rollen Offline
Loc: Minot, North Dakota
I would check behind the hub to see if the wires are still conected and that they are not broke or if there are any splises in them to cause them to rust and also put some electrical gress in the wire conecter, when I bought my Pontiac the ABS light was on and after look a little closer I had found out one of the wires had been pulled out of the hub so check that out.
#117108 - 01/08/08 12:13 PM Re: ABS Light
r.s.hutchinson Offline
Loc: Ontario, Canada
the hubs with plastic clips are prone to being crap. spend the extra 70$ and get the good one, it will save the headaches. my parents car had this same problem and we replaced it with a brand new crap one and it still did it. took it off, took it back and got the more expensive one and it has been fine since. also, is the 'trac off' light on? when the abs light comes on and isn't working then it should also turn the trac off light on.