Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#11822 - 01/02/05 08:18 PM HEY AUSTIN........
TexasGP Offline
Loc: Georgetown, Texas
So how are the door handle lights looking???

Man it was a PITA with all the rain. Guess I got in a hurry and ran the wire down the wrong side of the door and the window caught the wires. Good thing Gregg had another LED in his car.

And Next time, I'll buy the White LEDS and put them in since I scewed up the first time...LOL
And about the window controls on the passenger side.......Did the plastic glue hold it together? If not, I'll buy you a new one. Since I made you take it back off and it broke.....

It was good to get to meet you, and you got to meet some of the other GPers at my house. Maybe next time the weather will be a little better....

Later....
#11823 - 01/02/05 11:00 PM Re: HEY AUSTIN........
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Everything looks great. I've already been out in the garage with all the lights off, and LED's on, a couple of times tonight. The plastic weld is holding strong. No need to do anything with that.
I want to get the whites done if you think you can tie them in with the interior lights, if they can't then I don't see any need for them.

It looks great, and thanks again for hooking them up!!!

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#11824 - 01/02/05 11:21 PM Re: HEY AUSTIN........
TexasGP Offline
Let me pull my car apart this week and see where all the wires are at. If I can't find a way to tie them in, I can solder different wires on the first set of LEDs in the handle, and wire them up with the other ones. That way you'll have 2 under each handle and it wiil be bright as heck...

And no problem hooking them up for ya.... thumbsup
#11825 - 01/02/05 11:32 PM Re: HEY AUSTIN........
AustinGTP Offline
That'll work! I was kinda thinking the same thing if the whites don't work out, since they reds are already there.

Just let me know when you want to tackle it.

ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#11826 - 01/05/05 08:31 AM Re: HEY AUSTIN........
AustinGTP Offline
Took pics this morning at work...

#11827 - 01/05/05 08:47 AM Re: HEY AUSTIN........
DoberManJT Offline
Loc: North Carolina - Raleigh/Cary
That looks nice Austin! Good work on that Texas - is that with one or two LEDs per handle?

04 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, LPE intake system, headers, dyno tune from "RPM"

http://photobucket.com/albums/v221/Dobermanjt/GrandPrix/
#11828 - 01/05/05 08:53 AM Re: HEY AUSTIN........
TexasGP Offline
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm....It's one for now....LOL

I might do white for him also, but if I can't do that, there will be 2 reds ones in the very near future....
#11829 - 01/05/05 09:03 AM Re: HEY AUSTIN........
AustinGTP Offline
I put some foil tape on the underside of the door handles so they shine a little brighter than what they actually are.
Texas is going to try to tie the whites in with the interior lights, if not it'll be two reds under each handle (since they are already there crazy ).

#11830 - 01/05/05 10:16 AM Re: HEY AUSTIN........
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Nice touch! Any pics during the night??
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#11831 - 01/05/05 10:35 AM Re: HEY AUSTIN........
AustinGTP Offline
No, my camera started crapping out on me. I had to take those pics with the camera at work.
The pics are pretty dark, I adjusted the light so they would show up better. The pics were taken at 7:20am this morning, overcast so it wasn't that bright out.