Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#119012 - 08/24/06 01:58 AM Head lights
Dre da GP man Offline
Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
Tonight as I got into my car and notice the light output was not bright because I live where there is no street lights until you get to the major street, but as I got to work, a bulb was out and I had the sylvania bulbs which are good but this is the third time I had to replace it. Could that be some kind of problem. Also I had to use my high beams alot flicking them on and off alot in the past week. Any details on what this could be. confused
#119013 - 08/24/06 02:05 AM Re: Head lights
brown Offline
Loc: Belleville, MI
I know that the brighter the bulb the sooner they will burn out. They use a smaller, hotter buring filament that will not last as long as standard bulbs. One of the down sides to getting brighter bulbs. I'm assuming you have the silver stars?
#119014 - 08/24/06 05:00 AM Re: Head lights
Dre da GP man Offline
Yes, there silver stars. So basically thats any bulb when you get a higher light output that the bulb burns out faster.

I use to have the silverstars in my fog lights but it keep burning out constantly so I switch back to regular oem bulbs and did not have any problems with them ever since.
#119015 - 08/24/06 07:36 AM Re: Head lights
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Yes the SSs have a short life span. Especially if you haven't disabled your DRLs.
#119016 - 08/24/06 07:57 AM Re: Head lights
D Offline
Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Are any of the Headlight brackets loose. I found out after my second pair that even its a little bit loose it kills the bulbs quick.

1997 Grand Prix GT: ZZP SS M90 Kit--P&P Blower and LIM--3.8" Modular pulley--36# injectors--ZZP Wizair CAI--8.5mm MSD Wires--Autolite 103s@ .052--180* drilled T-stat--Tune Time Performance Tune--ZZP 2.5" D/P w/o Cat--ZZP Stage 1 HV TB--ZZP Power Log & Rear PEM--ZZP Poly Motor & Tranny Mounts--Flowmaster 40 Series Delta Flow Mufflers--Auto Meter Z Series Boost & Oil Pressure Gauges--Aeroforce Interceptor Scan Gauge

New York Metro Club Grand Prix
www.nymcgp.com
#119017 - 08/24/06 08:37 AM Re: Head lights
Kansas GXP Offline
Loc: Topeka, Kansas
I have had a few fog lamp bulbs blow out, but they were not the Silverstars, they were some really cheapies on ebay. I do have the Silverstars for HLP bulbs, and I put them in about the week I got the car, and only 1 has burnt out since the (3+ yrs.) I think that is fairly good, considering that the HLP bulb is on the whole time my car is running.
#119018 - 08/24/06 10:02 PM Re: Head lights
Dre da GP man Offline
Well as I think about it when Im near a car I do see the headlight rattle a little bit of the car. So where can I get some bolts for the headlights at because I lost 1 from each headlight while back and replaced it with some screws I found(lol) and it held up well.

Could I get them at the dealership?
#119019 - 08/24/06 10:16 PM Re: Head lights
D Offline
Loc: Brooklyn, NY
I'm not sure, I just put two regular bolts in there.

1997 Grand Prix GT: ZZP SS M90 Kit--P&P Blower and LIM--3.8" Modular pulley--36# injectors--ZZP Wizair CAI--8.5mm MSD Wires--Autolite 103s@ .052--180* drilled T-stat--Tune Time Performance Tune--ZZP 2.5" D/P w/o Cat--ZZP Stage 1 HV TB--ZZP Power Log & Rear PEM--ZZP Poly Motor & Tranny Mounts--Flowmaster 40 Series Delta Flow Mufflers--Auto Meter Z Series Boost & Oil Pressure Gauges--Aeroforce Interceptor Scan Gauge

New York Metro Club Grand Prix
www.nymcgp.com