Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#122608 - 06/02/05 09:21 PM Re: Im hoping to be a newbie and have a few ?'s
GTPJack Offline
Loc: Hoover, AL
A 97 GTP with 33k miles does sound like a sweet find, but... (and I'm not trying to rain on your parade) the earlier years, 97-98, did have some problems with them. If the car had 80k+ miles on it I'd say that all of the "kinks" have been worked out or replaced. I would worry on the car only having 33k on it.(Quote From Austin Gtp)

Austin GTP,

I know what you mean, so I definitely wouldn't argue with you because I have nothing but respect for you and your great wisdom, but I wouldn't worry too much. My 97 hit 170K miles last week and it still drives nicely. I can honestly say that I have no regrets, even though I had the tranny rebuilt. It's been paid off for quite some time and it still looks nice inside and out. Can't imagine owning anything else right now. $6K for a 97 GTP with 33K on it, priceless.

GTPJack

Next: 3" down pipe, SD Ram Air Hood,
#122609 - 06/04/05 11:10 AM Re: Im hoping to be a newbie and have a few ?'s
Harryc8786 Offline
Loc: Cleveland Ohio
Thanks for the guidance and I have to talk to my dad, see if this dude will sell it. Just wondering how Pricey the steering rack is to fix? My dads a small engines mechanic, and does some of the car work. Im not sure if this is somehting he could do if it went wrong. But its not gona shatter the bank now would it?
#122610 - 06/04/05 12:02 PM Re: Im hoping to be a newbie and have a few ?'s
BryantGTP Offline
Loc: Franklin, MA
It's a great find, but it's not a great deal. 6k is right where it should be, make an offer and see if the guy moves.

I paid 10k for my '97 GTP and spent another 4k fixing it. It was in the shop once every 3 months. It's a hit or miss with the 97's.