Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#12491 - 12/27/09 11:22 PM cylinder 4 misfire
Dthreap Offline
Loc: Canal Fulton, OH
Yesterday the ses light came on, I stopped at autozone and had it scanned. They said cylinder 4 misfire and I poped the hood to check everything because I noticed it was running a little hot and the coolant resivor was empty. I filled it up and after driving for 15 mins the ses went away. Today it came back on with cylinder 4 misfire and after driving for 10 - 15 mins after scaning it the light turned off again. What are you guys thoughts?

#12492 - 12/27/09 11:34 PM Re: cylinder 4 misfire
jlindahl2571 Offline
Loc: Massachusetts
Sounds like a misfire on cylinder 4. Check plugs and wires?
#12493 - 01/01/10 02:20 PM Re: cylinder 4 misfire
Caesar Offline
Loc: Michigan
I have the same issue...same cylinder. I've been out of work for 8 months so spending money on new plugs and wires haven't been my priority. That and I don't drive much anymore. I would check your coil packs as well. But my guess would be a compromised spark plug wire.
#12494 - 01/01/10 09:54 PM Re: cylinder 4 misfire
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Take a look under the hood and see if the wire is in contact with the engine. The insulation may have been burned off or rubbed off and shorting out every now and then. With a re route you could milk that wire for a long time.

I had the same thing happen on my truck only the plug wire had came in contact with the exhaust manifold and started to melt. I've had that same wire on it now for about six months with no issues.