Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#125716 - 11/06/07 08:26 PM Re: Engine surging PARTIALLY SOLVED!
20gtp02 Offline
If it keeps throwing that code, there must be something going wrong. My EGR is blocked to the LIM. Now with my TOGS, I am going to weld that egr shut and leave the EGR off the car.

Can't find where you posted about the deli, well which company, but you have to be 18 to run the meat slicer, thought that is funny. I know you are at least 18, it was just something I thought about when you said deli. And if it is for like Publix, you can spend 15 minutes cooking me a fresh steak sub as I watch you stand over that grill with your hair wrap and cook me something delicious!

#125717 - 11/06/07 10:25 PM Re: Engine surging PARTIALLY SOLVED!
lonezergling Offline
Loc: Waterford, WI
HAH!

Driving home from class just now, the SES light came back on.

I figure it's just the P0133 again but I use that interceptor gauge and sure the P0133 is there but there is a NEW CODE! (why does this excite me, shouldn't I be pissed? lol)

ANybody wanna guess?

P0102! Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Low Input!

I think my MAF took a **** on me.

OH, I work deli at Pick N Save. And I don't know why but that job, as hecktic as it is, is like freakin paid vacation compared to my other job. So much fun.

And I don't have a hair wrap. I have a hat. HUGE DIFFERENCE!

I don't do subs but I can slice up some cold-cuts and cheese for a sandwhich. Chicken too, I can do that stuff.

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/venomman/
"If you are asking if you can do it, you can't. When you have learned enough to know that you can do it, you are able to." -me
#125718 - 11/06/07 11:21 PM Re: Engine surging PARTIALLY SOLVED!
20gtp02 Offline
YOu just made my night with that post on Pic N save dude! Since the Interceptor is hooked up all the time, or more frequent during driving, just run a scan for codes once a week or something. Sometimes they are hidden and they already popped up and you missed it.

#125719 - 11/07/07 06:05 PM Re: Engine surging PARTIALLY SOLVED!
lonezergling Offline
The SES light come on every time I'm on the highway for more than 5 minutes. I've scanned/cleared the codes twice today.

"If you are asking if you can do it, you can't. When you have learned enough to know that you can do it, you are able to." -me
#125720 - 11/07/07 06:24 PM Re: Engine surging PARTIALLY SOLVED!
Blackarrow98GP Offline
Loc: CT, U.S.A
The PO 102 MAF code is most likely a false code, due to unplugging the sensor. If the same two codes keep coming back, start with the lower number code first.
#125721 - 11/07/07 06:51 PM Re: Engine surging PARTIALLY SOLVED!
lonezergling Offline
It's just one code now, P0133 HO2 sensor Slow Response Bank 1.

And actually, I think that code may have been from the carb and choke cleaner. I sprayed some into the intake to get a general idea of what kind of sound I should hear shoudl the cleaner find a vac leak.

#125722 - 11/17/07 04:13 PM Re: Engine surging PARTIALLY SOLVED!
lonezergling Offline
GREAT news!

Upon deciding the try and test for what's causing the problem, I unplugged the front 02 sensor in hopes that the car would no longer surge.

IT WORKED!

Car runs GREAT, well, as great as it can be without it's eyes wink

Anyway, that narrows it down to either a) a bad, brand new 02 sensor, b) a damaged wiring harness, or c) something completely unrelated being broken somewhere else in the car.

I think I'm going to pull the extension out and test all te leads for continuity and make sure it's the harness. Even if I don't find any problems with it, I'll order another anyway, because although I fixed the harness the one time I burned through it, I'd rather have a brand new one I KNOW is fine.

#125723 - 11/19/07 08:29 AM Re: Engine surging PARTIALLY SOLVED!
20gtp02 Offline
Got some info for you to check out. Club member has issues like you. Tearing his car apart to find the problem. He got one code of Low MAF cicuit crap! He just posted after about two weeks of issues that a FUSE has cause the issue.
Symptoms are very similar to yours.

#125724 - 11/19/07 04:21 PM Re: Engine surging PARTIALLY SOLVED!
lonezergling Offline
I'm leaning towards a bad wire harness or something along those lines now.

A while ago I did fry the 02 extension harness against the headers, though I did pull it and re-insulate the wires.

I will pull it again to check it but I'm thinking I'm just going to order another one.

#125725 - 12/02/07 11:09 PM Re: Engine surging PARTIALLY SOLVED!
wd40 Offline
Loc: phoenix, Az
mine did same. pulled out idle air control and cleaned, no more surge
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3