Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#126737 - 07/29/05 12:09 AM Re: Side Exhaust?
KungFuFighter Offline
Loc: Baltimore, Maryland
Quote:
Originally posted by crimpton:
Hello,

Without any noise suppression(Catalytic Converter, or Resonator) you will be excessively loud..... Loud enough to get pulled over.
If you are planning on doing this for track use only, be sure to check with your local track, as most tracks require mufflers at some events.
Friend with a tibby has just a pipe from the engine to the back of his car. It is EXTREMELY loud and EXTREMELY annoying. Its like putting a weedwacker next to a megaphone, and putting the megaphone next to your ear. Hope you like paying fines too... He got in MAJOR trouble from the Popo around here.

Clear Corners, Silver Star turning lights, Silver Star headlights, Diamond Series foglights, Megan Racing muffler, Interior pulseing blue lights, Borla MPG mod. Much more to come.
#126738 - 07/29/05 12:10 AM Re: Side Exhaust?
crimpton Offline
Loc: Portland Or.
Quote:
Originally posted by BryantGTP:
It's OK if you want to tell him that white cars are ugly.

devilsmile
confused

http://pdxcgp.com
#126739 - 07/29/05 06:26 AM Re: Side Exhaust?
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Kwik Wun:
Is that a Resonator after that ugly stock cat?

No it's not a resonator it's a muffler. smile
#126740 - 07/29/05 10:11 AM Re: Side Exhaust?
Kwik Wun Offline
Loc: Omaha, NE
aha

But wouldn't you think that there'd be a difference in noise between straight headers and then my setup, with stock mannies, downpipe and cat converter?

(I was bored one day last summer and made my own cutout on my stock exhaust..I did the cutout in the middle of the resonator...and that was loud...
So I dunno, maybe I should get somebody to weld a little muffler in the middle like the one above...
COMPETITION CAMSHAFT STAGE 2, 105 lb Valve springs, new Pushrods, new retainers, 4" Fenderwell Intake, 3" DP with High-flow Cat, Borla Cat-Back, 3.2" Pulley, Shift Kit, 160 T-stat, DHP PCM 1.0, Tranny Cooler, Taylor Wires, Colder Plugs
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2