Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#127232 - 06/19/07 12:35 PM What is a good perfomance Exhaust system?
scottdutchman Offline
Loc: Manchester, MI
I have a 98 grand prix gt nonsuperchager. i want a deep throty sound with out crackel. I also donot want to put a lot of money in to it.

I also need to know if i can put a supercharged motor in a nonsupercharged car without many mods?
#127233 - 06/19/07 12:50 PM Re: What is a good perfomance Exhaust system?
Richard Candelario Offline
exhaust: the first exhaust mods most ppl here recommend a 3" downpipe, U-Bend delete (I'm gonna end up keeping the aft O2 sensor), high-flow catalytic converter, Flowmaster Series 40, and resonated tips. I think a Cold Air Intake (CAI) or Fender Well Intake (FWI) would also net you some good gains. ThunderBat said something about getting a couple of Y-Pipes for the exh manis and the muffs. Might wanna ask him about those.

To transplant an L67 (supercharged engine code) into the GT (which has the L36), you would really only need the tranny or tranny kits. You have the 4T65E, the GTP has the 4T65EHD.

If you wanna do a top-end parts change (top-swap), there are a few here that have done that too.

Rook swapped his 3100 for the L67, Chico did the top swap, and 2fast4u is (arguably) the one with the most mods. If I forgot anyone else, I'm sorry, yall. Welcome aboard.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#127234 - 06/19/07 06:58 PM Re: What is a good perfomance Exhaust system?
GP GT GUY Offline
Loc: Indianapolis
man i know dont we all want that deep throaty V8 sound, so far nobody on here has had sucess with that, im going to get some super 44's which are flowmasters newest and loudest mufflers, im gonna be the first one to try those on here hopefully, i can tell you how it sounds in two 2 three weeks hopefully

2000 GP GT 20's, altezzas, clears, F/M super 44's, some little blue L.E.D.s

#127235 - 06/19/07 07:17 PM Re: What is a good perfomance Exhaust system?
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by Richard Candelario:
Chico did the top swap, and 2fast4u is (arguably) the one with the most mods.
Chico did a top swap on a motor that was already built.
I think they both hold the honor of most mods.

smile

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#127236 - 06/20/07 02:14 AM Re: What is a good perfomance Exhaust system?
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
I can tell you from experience and lots of bucks spent that you will never get a V8 rumble out of these cars...I have an 01 GT and have been trying different combos for three years...i can tell you from listening to sound clips that a cammed engine with flowmasters yields the closest sound I've heard to date...its crap shoot at best so choose carefully.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com