Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#127393 - 09/05/07 11:16 PM Re: Lost acceleration, now won't start
zuulmusic Offline
Loc: Cleveland, OH
Problem fixed. Details late. Gotta get up early.
#127394 - 09/05/07 11:19 PM Re: Lost acceleration, now won't start
RooK Offline
Loc: Southern KY
Aw, I wanted to know now! :p
#127395 - 09/14/07 12:05 AM Re: Lost acceleration, now won't start
zuulmusic Offline
Sorry for the long delay fellas.
It ended up being the famous warmed intake manifold leaking coolant into all the cylinders. Except it happened extremely quickly which made this the last thing we thought about.

Basically for almost the whole week I diagnosed the living heck out of the car. Literally tried everything you could think of. My car came in handy since I could swap lots of stuff.

I built a 6-LED circuit that I connected to the injector connectors to test that they were getting the proper signal. After figuring the engine was being flooded, I went further and hooked my oscilloscope to the injectors so I could accurately measure their pulse width. All that checked out fine.
I hooked the scope up to the crank (CPS) and cam sensor wires to get a visual indication of their health. I did this on MY car too, and my cars signal seemed to be much cleaner. So I stopped at good ol Ed's to pick up crank and cam sensors. Spent some nice time changing the CPS (dang crank pulley) and cam sensors and still didn't help.
Unbolted the manifolds and noticed that before the engine dies (we can get it to run if we let it sit for hours and clean the plugs), coolant spews out the exhaust. Bingo.

So we changed the lower intake gaskets and upper intake manifold +gaskets. Works great now.
It didnt seem like the regular case because it wasn't burning coolant before the problem occured. This kind of thing rarely happens suddently, and when it does happen, its just your engine burning coolant and you can fix it or let it get worse. This just killed the running engine.

Thats about all I can remember. Lots o fun. Lost a few more sockets and wrenches in the famous black hole in the bumper.
#127396 - 09/14/07 12:12 AM Re: Lost acceleration, now won't start
lonezergling Offline
Loc: Waterford, WI
LOL! You knock, that magnetic tool ZZP has on their site, the bendy one, I managed to get 4-5 wrenchs/sockets out of it.

Seriously, invest in a bendy manget, it pays for itself.

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/venomman/
"If you are asking if you can do it, you can't. When you have learned enough to know that you can do it, you are able to." -me
#127397 - 09/14/07 12:48 AM Re: Lost acceleration, now won't start
zuulmusic Offline
I have one. And random other grabby tools. I can't get the sockets out of the time warm continuum wormhole thyristor envelope.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2