Rate This Topic
#128118 - 08/26/04 05:21 PM Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix
Jizz Offline
Loc: Central Maryland
banghead banghead banghead banghead
#128119 - 08/26/04 06:26 PM Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Because they have too many on the factory floor and can't get rid of em fast enough.
#128120 - 08/26/04 09:20 PM Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix
zachd Offline
Loc: Evansville, IN
Quote:
Originally posted by why2kmax:
Not gone, just renamed. I guess Pontiac thinks making it sound more foreign is going to increase sales. lol
Ok it is not renamed it is not even close to being the same car. It has more interior room longer wheelbase it sits on a different platform it is not the same car.

03 GP = 04 GP = New Skin

03 GA = 05 G6 COMPLETELY NEW EPSILON PLATFORM BASED CAR!!!!!!!!!!
#128121 - 08/26/04 11:10 PM Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
skipidy do da, skipidy yea, My oh my what a wonderful day!
...EVERYBODY!!!

laugh laugh

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#128122 - 08/27/04 08:24 AM Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Plenty of sunshine heading my way. Zipidy do da zipidy ayyy.
#128123 - 08/27/04 09:17 AM Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix
zachd Offline
Loc: Evansville, IN
Woo hooo we broke 200!!!!!!!!!!! ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!In the Prix not the ma............
#128124 - 08/27/04 10:25 AM Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
I think this thread has pissed off Adam S. I've noticed that he has not been around for awhile.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#128125 - 08/27/04 11:02 AM Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix
HercMan(Rob) Offline
What was this thread about again? Oh ya Grand Ams SUCK!!!!
#128126 - 08/27/04 11:10 AM Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix
4 T 8 states Offline
Loc: winter park,fl
Quote:
Originally posted by Austin GTP:
I think this thread has pissed off Adam S. I've noticed that he has not been around for awhile.
hammer lol
bearcat bct-7 law enforment/weatherband scanner
#128127 - 08/27/04 11:14 AM Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix
Jizz Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by HercMan:
What was this thread about again? Oh ya Grand Ams SUCK!!!!
I love the Saturn commercial where the 2 guys are arguing...

What where we talking about again.. oh yeah what's the catch.

Notice you never see any cool Grand Am commercials. But I have seen 6 really cool GP commercials in the last year smile
#128128 - 08/27/04 02:36 PM Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix
digital-d Offline
Loc: New York
Perhaps GP inspires the better commercials. Getting the GP inspired me shave and buy dressier cloths and sneakers.
#128129 - 08/28/04 02:52 AM Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix
Adam S. Offline
Loc: Milwaukee, Wi
Alright guys, this is getting sort of pointless and rediculous. No, I have not been on as often lately for many reasons. Unfortunately, I've had to resort to talking to certain other people from this site in private to get any worthwhile opinions, information or just worthwhile, educated conversation. This GA thing was kind of the last straw. It finally proved that this forum currently consists of more closed minded, ignorant, mindless teen-age mentality than it does useful information and conversation, which is how it was when I joined. Not everyone, of course. But enough that make it more of a "what kind of stupidity or remark is going to be posted today" kind of joke whenever I sign on. I'm not sure, but I don't think that's what this site was meant for. It's better to use water than antifreeze? What the hell is that? Me and some others have actually tried our best to give good, sound advice on certain technical questions and opinions on here to people who were in need. But, unfortunately this is usually followed by someone who "knows better", and pretty much shoots down any educated advice that should really be followed in order to solve the given problem correctly. The thread topic then usually develops into what corners to cut, and how to ditch or bypass whatever was engineered by the factory. In other words, rigging. Any worthwhile advice basically ends up being a waste of time to type. Sometimes I feel the site should be changed to howtohackupyour3800.com!

But for this stupid Grand Am thing. I merely stated my open minded opinion of the car, which is what the topic ended up being. I service numerous GM's daily, am a registered service center, and know this is one of their better models. It's not a Metro, Chevette, or anything else like that. It's actually a model which scores as well as our GP's in terms of reliabilty. But yes, I chose a GP instead, because of the better engine, more room, styling,etc. But just because I happen to chose what I did doesn't make the other model a piece of shit. That's just a plain ignorant, juvenile viewpoint, and not the kind of mentality that's worth even wasting any more breath on. A longer car handles better because it wont spin out as easily? What? I guess we should all be driving school busses if that's the case...uh, with better suspension, of course, since that's all that dictates a vehicle's handling. But enough of that.

My main point is that when I first joined, I found a whole topic board full of endless service tips with helpful, considerate, knowlegable people, and ediqette and consideration for other's opinions. Now those previously respected opinions are followed by "No, every GA is a piece of shit!" Well that's nice. So much for the respect and consideration thing. Why am I even here now? I could hear this kind of logic in a high school auto's class. Looks like it's time to move on and find some adults somewhere. Maybe someday this will turn back into a worthwhile thing here, but for now it just seems to be the online comics-section.
#128130 - 08/28/04 05:27 AM Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix
Chico Offline
Loc: Gonzales Tx.
I had to read Adam's post twice but after looking back through the threads for awhile i'll have to agree,not only this thread which is just ridiculous, i'll bet most that have posted here haven't even driven a GA, but i guess thats not the point we need to clean up our act or we are going to lose this board to comics,now i know Adam is not a modder but there should be room for both mod's advice and tech.& serv. advice and a little humor doesn't hurt but let's get back some sanity before it's too late,now that's my 02 cent's worth Chico.
#128131 - 08/28/04 08:23 AM Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix
Jizz Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Austin GTP:
Guess you where right.
#128132 - 08/28/04 08:31 AM Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix
why2kmax Offline
Loc: Bel Air Maryland
Quote:
Originally posted by Chico:
I had to read Adam's post twice but after looking back through the threads for awhile i'll have to agree,not only this thread which is just ridiculous, i'll bet most that have posted here haven't even driven a GA, but i guess thats not the point we need to clean up our act or we are going to lose this board to comics,now i know Adam is not a modder but there should be room for both mod's advice and tech.& serv. advice and a little humor doesn't hurt but let's get back some sanity before it's too late,now that's my 02 cent's worth Chico.
Amen....