Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#12957 - 07/29/05 11:46 AM Question for the Hercman, or anyone else that can help.
KungFuFighter Offline
Loc: Baltimore, Maryland
I noticed that Hercman has a homemade CAI. Anyone know how hard this is to do? I know that it will save a bunch a money. I know of some kits that are good as well, but, a homemade one? Anyone got installation instructions and a material list handy?

Thanks, cheers

Clear Corners, Silver Star turning lights, Silver Star headlights, Diamond Series foglights, Megan Racing muffler, Interior pulseing blue lights, Borla MPG mod. Much more to come.
#12958 - 07/29/05 12:38 PM Re: Question for the Hercman, or anyone else that can help.
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Like a few other here, I (and most) used Reflectix (found at Home Depot et al), foil tape and cardboard.

I didn't have instructions or measurements, so I took my own and cut the cardboard to length. Wrapped the cardboard with Reflectix. Put the PCM on the bottom and secured it with velcro and big zip ties. And sealed it with the foil tape.

I'm probably going to re-do it again because I was running out of time and I'm a perfectionist. devilgrin

Hope this helps.
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#12959 - 07/29/05 02:02 PM Re: Question for the Hercman, or anyone else that can help.
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
I believe I have directions on my DIY page on my website.
#12960 - 07/29/05 04:14 PM Re: Question for the Hercman, or anyone else that can help.
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Like framos said, just cut cardboard, wrap in reflectix, and seal with foil tape...

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#12961 - 07/29/05 09:31 PM Re: Question for the Hercman, or anyone else that can help.
KungFuFighter Offline
Loc: Baltimore, Maryland
How much HP gain are we talking about here? (besides the fact that it makes the engine more cool)

Clear Corners, Silver Star turning lights, Silver Star headlights, Diamond Series foglights, Megan Racing muffler, Interior pulseing blue lights, Borla MPG mod. Much more to come.
#12962 - 07/30/05 02:15 AM Re: Question for the Hercman, or anyone else that can help.
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
that post in another thread for that intercooled FWI from over at ClubGP was pretty slick.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#12963 - 07/30/05 08:26 AM Re: Question for the Hercman, or anyone else that can help.
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Gains from a CAI alone are going to be small, but along with a U-bend delete, 3.4" pulley (GTP's), and a bigger D/P, you'll notice it.
It's more of a supporting mod for other mods, and also it could be the most popular mod.

T-bat, yes it is a very cool design.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.