Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#130263 - 05/17/07 12:04 PM Re: ticket
freindofa99GTP Offline
Loc: near Saginaw, MI
it was $115 for not carrying your proof although you did have insurance? thats messed up
#130264 - 05/17/07 12:37 PM Re: ticket
D Offline
Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by 4drgt:
and it also depends, the cops radar guns have to modes one for sitting still and one for driving... if they have the mode on where they are suposto sit still they could clock trees and bridges moving 60mph

also the cop has to clear out the previous speed for the previous person otherwise it clocks you doing the speed that the previous person went....

here in my town we allways ask to see the radar so we can see for our self
Ha in NYC if you ask to see that Radar gun they laugh at you and give you a ticket. Also they dont need to get you by radar or laser. The highway cops in NY are tranning to see speeds of cars wehn standing on the side of the road so all they need to do is look at your car estimate the speed, and they can give you a ticket. They word is just as strong as the radr gun.

1997 Grand Prix GT: ZZP SS M90 Kit--P&P Blower and LIM--3.8" Modular pulley--36# injectors--ZZP Wizair CAI--8.5mm MSD Wires--Autolite 103s@ .052--180* drilled T-stat--Tune Time Performance Tune--ZZP 2.5" D/P w/o Cat--ZZP Stage 1 HV TB--ZZP Power Log & Rear PEM--ZZP Poly Motor & Tranny Mounts--Flowmaster 40 Series Delta Flow Mufflers--Auto Meter Z Series Boost & Oil Pressure Gauges--Aeroforce Interceptor Scan Gauge

New York Metro Club Grand Prix
www.nymcgp.com
#130265 - 05/17/07 12:42 PM Re: ticket
Richard Candelario Offline
In GA, NM, and AZ, the cops need only show you the current calibration slip for the radar gun.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#130266 - 05/17/07 01:05 PM Re: ticket
BLEWGTP Offline
Loc: Philadelphia, PA
yea, this is all bull to me...what happened to the cops just warning you to slow down and occasionally writing you up for something small like a bulb out or sumthin...i got a ticket for cutting through a parking lot instead of waiting for the red light...i was stopped for over 5 minutes in the lot because i was checking my texts on my fone, but the cop didnt like that story...
so 2 points and 175 dollars later, im good....dam philly cops suck
#130267 - 05/17/07 01:54 PM Re: ticket
1997grandprixgtpsaginawmi Offline
Loc: Saginaw MI
in my opinion most cops suck. Im just gettin it repaired today for 150 bucks then im going to go see that cop and have him write me off. That outta shut the court house up.
#130268 - 05/17/07 02:16 PM Re: ticket
4drgt Offline
Loc: Des Moines ,Iowa
we ask to see it ... there has been alot of my friends that take it to court ... there is a lawyer here in town his son is a big racer so he is nice to us and helps us get out of all of our stuped tickets most of the time he can get you out of the first one ... but then its kindof hard
#130269 - 05/17/07 02:17 PM Re: ticket
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by BLEWGTP:
yea, this is all bull to me...what happened to the cops just warning you to slow down and occasionally writing you up for something small like a bulb out or sumthin...
*DISCLAIMER* This isn't true about all cops.

Well, here's the thing. Once you've been on the force for a few years, you lose that "gung ho" attitude, and overlook the little stuff. I mean, think about it. If you drove around pulling everyone over that had a headlight out, you'd go crazy. And while you were sitting there with one, three more would drive by. Once you get a half dozen years or so, you really only pull people over for the more reckless stuff. One cop I rode with (in the FRONT, not the back) clocked someone doing 14 over headed the other way, and didn't even turn around. He was just like "Whoa, better slow down" while looking in his mirror.

As far as warnings, my opinion is it's because cops get treated like **** today. People want them around only when someone else is breaking the law, and then when they do it, their a jerk to the officer. On top of that, we're so liberal now-a-days, cops have so much red tape to take care of. On top of our justice system sucking...

Anyway, that's just my $.02
#130270 - 05/17/07 02:20 PM Re: ticket
4drgt Offline
Loc: Des Moines ,Iowa
i have ridden in the back of a cop car... there is NO room let me tell you what not too fun... they put me in the back after my accident ... and she was like did you call someone to get you and i said it would be nice if you could take me home..... (this girl cop is a babe!!!) so she drove me home but i was in the back lol
#130271 - 05/17/07 05:56 PM Re: ticket
20gtp02 Offline
She made you a "babe", lol. Yeah there is soo much happening on the road that you aren't aware unless you ride along with a COP. People do the dumbest things, even right in front of a COP, so it isn't like they have to search. I have a buddy I grew up with in my town and he is a cop and I rode along with him. People left and right doing dumb *** things. And in my town, usually they don't go pull people over unless they doing near 15 over depending on the mood and how busy they want to make themselves. I would recommend riding along with a COP if you can, it is a good experience. I also would recommend riding along with someone who wouldn't mind answering alot of question you may have, thanks to my buddy being a cop that he will explain all the stuff to me. When I rode with him, I actually spotted alot of illegal things he didn't even see. So after awhile COPs see soo much they basically go after the most illegal and law breaking activities.

#130272 - 05/18/07 12:54 AM Re: ticket
Acefighter Offline
It really does give you a new look at it, and it's also a lot of fun. As long as you don't ride with an ***, anyway. lol
#130273 - 05/18/07 07:44 AM Re: ticket
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
As for being given a warning vs getting a ticket.

It's best not to give them an attitude. Don't argue. Don't demand to see such and such.

LEOs are people. And just like the rest of the world people can be jerks. But for the most part they are good people.

Remember if your pulled over there is 99.9% chance it's for a legit reason. Weather your 5 miles over the limit or your windows are too dark etc. You know the law. So take the ticket in stride. Chances are you probably deserve one for something else you never got caught for like testing your pcm to see if the speed limiter was really raised.

Like I said your attitude goes along ways into wether you get a warning or a ticket.

I have been pulled over many times in different citys for different things. Being polite and courteous I have yet to recieve a ticket.
#130274 - 05/18/07 01:30 PM Re: ticket
Well I just had the winshield replaced today for 150 bucks. Funny thing is I can still see the heads up display just fine when looking the window.
#130275 - 05/18/07 01:56 PM Re: ticket
Arcxnus Offline
Well .. I've been pulled over three times.

Two of those were on the same day, a month ago, going to Houston for HACGP mod day. laugh The first time I did screw up, and I deserved the ticket I got. I was trying to beat the traffic coming, and barely slowed for a stop sign before taking off again. Bellmead PD didn't like that, especially since it was raining. I got that one taken off the record by doing defensive driving.

The other two weren't really anything special. State trooper pulled me over for no front plate, but he was a nice guy and I did everything I could to be nice, make sure he knew I wasn't gonna try anything stupid, etc. His daughter actually went to the same university I did; he gave me a warning.

Second one was later that night at about 11:30 .. On a road with some massive construction, apparently I was going 50 in a 40? I could swear to you right now that I wasn't, and that cop was a prick, but I just wanted to go home. He didn't do anything, just told me to slow down. There are finer details to that story, but I don't care to relate them.

Anyway, not all cops are that bad. The trooper was cool, and so was the one that lived next to my best friend. There was an undercover Impala here that flashed lights at me when I was being a tard one night, but he left me alone, so .. don't assume they're all awful. Alot of them are cool.
#130276 - 05/18/07 02:09 PM Re: ticket
Acefighter Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by 1997grandprixgtpsaginawmi:
Well I just had the winshield replaced today for 150 bucks. Funny thing is I can still see the heads up display just fine when looking the window.
What do you mean?
#130277 - 05/18/07 02:18 PM Re: ticket
I mean that in some of the replacement winshields you cant not see the speedometer and cd player very well on the windshield unless you get the expensive ones