Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#130984 - 08/20/02 09:48 PM GTP burned to the ground
GTPMedic Offline
Loc: Sudbury, Ontario
I was stopped behind a bus, turned on my AC, turned the wheel a bit and when I accelerated, I had no power steering and my engine temp went up, it went down again as I drove off THEN all my instruments and displays went nuts, I heard a loud slapping sound coming from passenger side so I pulled over and my baby was engulfed in flames. 4 minutes later FD showed up but it was too late. She is dead. All under the hood and smoke damage to the inside. I will post pictures when I get them. I hope I can return my 3.4 pulley. I was on my way to a guy's house to get it installed. It never saw my car. the only mods I had were borla cat back, RT cat, MSP CAI and a tranny cooler. Pulley was ten minutes away. Only you guys can understand the pain I feel right now. The guy at the body shop saw me staring at it today and he knew I hurt. I loved my car. I was in good spirits at the time but now I miss it. I hope GM give me a new one cause if not I am gonna go SVT Cobra or WRX.
#130985 - 08/20/02 10:02 PM Re: GTP burned to the ground
GTPMedic Offline
Loc: Sudbury, Ontario
The firefighters could not find my belt anywhere in the car. They also followed a trail of gas to my car from a block down. The ignition was still running and pumping fuel all over the road under the car so the fire got much bigger but then engine was off. They even had to tap a hydrant cause they needed so much water and their hoses caught fire. By the way, I was going to a firefighter job interview. Laugh about that one cause it is funny.
#130986 - 08/20/02 11:44 PM Re: GTP burned to the ground
crimpton Offline
Loc: Portland Or.
Sorry about the loss.....As I said in another post, I have nightmares about bad things happening to my cars, this is 2 bad things in the last week, one to go.....good luck to us all.

http://pdxcgp.com